Do we have moderators?

Discussion in 'General Forum Feedback' started by jls5585, Aug 30, 2012.

1. Forgive me if I am sounding like an ass, especially since I have been a member for almost 4 years and have less than 5 posts.

I have to ask, do we have moderators on this forum? I have seen many posts that are in the absolutely wrong section. Such as drug test questions in the DIY section. I have started reporting them, only 2 so far, and I will continue to do so, but I have never seen a forum (even those with 10x traffic/posts) that have this problem this badly.

Once again, I apologize for coming off as an ass. I just really like this forum, and wanted to throw out a suggestion to help.

2. #2 Bardock, Aug 30, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 30, 2012
    They're here, but they only punishment people who aren't doing anything.

Making negative comments about the moderating staff and their actions is absolutely not tolerated here =- WW

3. They are here but mainly just delete threads of vulgar content they do a good job, not to many stoners are very organized lol

4. [quote name='"Bardock"']They're here, but they only punishment people who aren't doing anything.[/quote]

Loled

5. It's stuff like this that makes us all look bad.

I'm a complete stoner, yet I am a very well organized person.

6. [quote name='"Bardock"']They're here, but they only punishment people who aren't doing anything.[/quote]

Hahahahaha

7. Sigh...

Yes, we're here. And yes I've seen your reports OP. BUT I have no powers in that particular forum, and what you're reporting isn't really high on our priority list. We're more interested in actual rules violations - such as flaming, spamming and what not. IN fact this afternoon I've already banned three or four spammers and people who think it's OK to ask for a hookup on our site.

Moving a thread that was posted in the wrong forum really isn't that important in the grand scheme of things.

Oh and commenting that we only go after people who do nothing is both ignorant AND a rules violation in of itself (not you OP)

8. [quote name='"Bardock"']They're here, but they only punishment people who aren't doing anything.[/quote]

Yea because you've obviously been here long enough to know that the moderators "only punish people who aren't doing anything wrong"
    You've been here a DAY. So I suggest you get to know the community before talking trash on the moderators.

They do a great job of keeping this community clean.

9. Didn't know having an opinion and giving constructive criticism was a violation, my bad.

10. No, your bad was trolling and acting underage the FIRST time you had an account which got banned. Your second bad was trying to come back and fly under the radar. All you accomplished with your post was to put yourself on our watch list, which lo and behold you had been banned already.

We don't allow second chances with bans, if you're banned, that's it.

So BYE

11. Could we get some more mods then? Not me of course, too much of a noob on this forum and I doubt I have the time.

Being more organized would help everyone. It would help people find what they are looking for, it would set a better example for newer members, and it would help us gain more members and traffic due to us being the athority on marijuana.

Just a thought.

12. hmm, learn something every day. I didn't realize that certain Mods only had power/moderation over certain parts of the forum. It makes sense. That kinda clarifies some things for me...

13. #13 WildWill, Aug 30, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 30, 2012
    We are always looking for new mods, however, the management is VERY VERY VERY picky with who they choose and the process is not easy.

We don't necessarily need more members or traffic at this time, we're happy with where we are.

EDIT:

Annnnd....looks like my colleague Chunk took care of your reported posts - within an hour of them being reported. That's actually pretty good for us

14. That's good. My comment was more towards how does this stuff not get noticed before they get reported. I guess this forum is jut run differently then the other forums I have worked on. I'll just keep reporting them to help you guys/gals out.

15. How does it not get noticed? Pretty simply 500,000+ users and less than 2 dozen mods.

I'm on these forums a lot, probably 6-10 hours a day, and I don't see everything that needs attention. No one can. It's impossible.

16. Like I said, it's not run like other forums I have worked on. I have worked on forums 1,000,000+ members and we had a lot more mods than a couple of dozen. I wasn't trying to bash anyone, so please don't take it that way.

17. I understand. We would LOVE to have more moderators, but the fact is that management is VERY VERY VERY careful with who they choose to be moderators, thus the small staff.

18. You have to realize the selection process is a lot more complex due to the nature of the content here. Just the fact that there are public grow journals here is enough of a reason to be highly selective of who gets the keys to the back room.

In the meantime, while reporting posts is a help to us, the 2 I handled that you reported were 2 or 3 months old. If we don't catch them right away, they can be buried several pages back and unfortunately go unnoticed.

19. Mods you guys do a great job managing this site

20. The mods do a great job. As has been hinted at; They really need help from the Blades and Bladies through reporting.

There are way too many posts to read everyone of them.

So please, when you see a rule violation, report the weeds in our city of grass. :smoke: