Do we even need next gen consoles?

Discussion in 'Gamer's Heartbeat' started by TheLastRebel, Nov 3, 2013.

1. In my opinion, we do not.

Just take this as an example, look at gta V, the last of us, Black flag etc.

These games show that the ps3 and 360 still have enough potential to make great, almost completely realistic games.

I simply do not think everyone will be in such a rush to upgrade like they did from the ps2 and xbox original, and will hold on to this gen's console for much longer.

Opinions?

2. give me my ps2, nes, snes and sega and im fine.

3. i completly agree. i dont understand why some of my friends are flipping shit and wasting $500 to get slightly better graphics and the ability to "talk" to your xbox

4. The hardware is 8 years old, its freaking ancient for technogolies standards.

You are locked at sub 720P resoulation and 30 frames per second, which is archaic compared to the glorious graphics on the PC because its not a closed loop system. I can upgrade my computer anytime.

I can mod most games for more content, balancing, and graphic improvements.

5. Bla bla bla the casual gamer cares about none of that friendo

Sent from my SGH-T989D using Grasscity Forum mobile app

6. #6 URATowel, Nov 3, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 3, 2013
    You have to look at it in separate ways.

I love NES, SNES, N64, old school games too BUT we need new consoles because of Moore's Law which states;

360 and PS3 are 7+ years old. Ancient in the computer world.

Casual gamer or hardcore gamer, doesn't matter...that's how the gaming industry is and always will be so long as computers get more and more advanced.

7. Well you are missing out on a better expierance, thats all :smoke:

8. Nope. Nintendo,  Super Nintendo, and the Nintendo 64 have already been invented. 

9. i agree with you op, but the xbox 360 is running off some pretty old technology by today's standards. I think video game developers just want to bring out the potential in the games they're making. Even though the xbox 360 can still have good games, its limited on what it can do, and i think some people are tired of that. Xbox one seems really cool and all, but i'm gonna wait a while until i shell out the money to get one.

10. 1080p 60 frames per second >>>

Sent from my SGH-T959

11. I don't think so either. The current consoles have proved that the system has improved immensely though it's lifetime. More than any other. I know a lot of people who aren't going to the next gen anytime soon since there are already excellent games that will keep them occupied for a long time.

12. You are right ...they are right, but Oh what a bargain the PS3 is now, and a shit load of free games too, versus the PS4 that is expensive with screw all games

13. What free games you talkin bout on the ps3? If ps3 plus u gotta pay for that so not free.

Sent from my SGH-T959

14. Love (or hate) each system for what it is.

I'll always be down for some old school, and I'll always be down for some new age.

I've honestly never really played a true PC game...

15. wake up Mac fly.....so when the PS4 is released ....like so the PS3 is dumped quicker than a crack whore in Orange County stake out, so cheap?

16. I've picked up PC gaming for the past year and I'm telling you its the best switch a gamer can make, my PC blows ps4/xboxuno out of the water. And on top of that its cheaper AND will last throughout the ages. The next Gen consoles made me make the switch. I'm still a hardcore Nintendo fan though

Sent from my Event using Grasscity Forum mobile app

17. Okay if so how are ps3 games free. Ps2 games arent free? Wii games arent. And they already said they will have games and such still and support for couple more years. Posy facts not made up shit

Sent from my SGH-T959

18. Pc > console. But dude you aint getting a good gaming pc cheaper then a ps4 or xbox one. Lets be realstic.

Sent from my SGH-T959

19. I personally game at 120FPS 1080p, I have a 120HZ monitor and sometimes I play in 3d vision and its fun for games like the mass effect trilogy or skyrim. I have a few friends who have a 1440p monitor and the games look friggin amazing but you need a very good rig.

I have a 3770k with SLi GTX 670s ref models personally.

20. Haha i was talkin about console because ps3 couldnt handle thay

Sent from my SGH-T959