Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Do visible crystals automatically mean dank?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by loud sticky, Jul 21, 2012.

1. So ive been kinda confused, all the bud i buy has crystals all over, but some doesnt get me very high at all and some gets me blasted. But the bud generally looks the same so i was wondering how well you can judge bud just by crystals? and im not very familiar with mids so does mids (not mex schwag) have visible crystals or no?

2. No, means nothing.

A really really good OG cut or something is going to be pretty to look at, a strong sativa or something.

Anything indica or indica dom (aside from certain OG cuts & such), isn't going to be like that at all. Gonna smell like someone kicked you in the face.

I'd rely on smell tbh, in combination with everything else, but that tends to be what I'm looking at mostly when it comes to quality.

3. I love sativas.

4. [quote name='"kingdomofmauri"']No, means nothing.

A really really good OG cut or something is going to be pretty to look at, a strong sativa or something.

Anything indica or indica dom (aside from certain OG cuts & such), isn't going to be like that at all. Gonna smell like someone kicked you in the face.

I'd rely on smell tbh, in combination with everything else, but that tends to be what I'm looking at mostly when it comes to quality.[/quote]

So go by strong pungent smell over crystals?

5. Yes.

Some of my bud doesn't have the most trichromes but the smell is great and the smoke is too!

6. on the other hand ive had bud that looked just ok and didnt smell much at all and it got me super high.

7. Basically trichromes means good bud, but good bud does not always have trichromes.

You're not going to get some schwag or mids with trichromes.

8. [quote name='"84t0y"']on the other hand ive had bud that looked just ok and didnt smell much at all and it got me super high.[/quote]

Exactly it seems like theres always that mystery bud that you think sucks but it really fucks you up. Ive had some the best bud just looked like some reg outdoor shit then you break it open and see layers and layers of crystals and smelled strong as fuck...lol you really never know till you smoke it

9. #10 kingdomofmauri, Jul 21, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 21, 2012
    It's a combination, I tend to take smell into account first before going down the line.

Like someone said, the cure is important, trim less so. Like I said with OG cuts & stuff that is similar, very hybridy high THC stuff, yes you're going to see lots of visible trichomes. It's probably going to have nice coloration, almost vibrant, and it'll smell really nice.

Heavy indicas and the like tend to not be that visually appealing but tend to smell very strongly, the facekick strong.

Really what you want, is for whatever strain you're getting to be matching up with what that strain should be grown right, so once you get to know some of your favorite strains (smell is huge in this respect, smell is heavily connected with a certain type of memory, once your brain has established the connection with the smell of that strong batch you've had, every time you smell that it'll give you a nudge), and you'll know it's look and stuff.

The smell, especially once the bud is taken out of humidity, can leave so that's why it's not the end-all-be-all. A good long cure on some can make it so you'll never get a whiff of what those budding plants were putting off.