Do Vaporizers give off weed smell (dorm related)

Discussion in 'Vaporizers' started by Forkit, Dec 2, 2007.

1. i got kicked out of a school i went to for bad conduct so i peed into the crack under the Resident Director's door into her office.....if someone doesnt want you to do something just pee on them

2. put it through a bong and it smells less than just straight vapor, and a whole lot less than smoke.

3. First of all since your roomates are RA's I wouldn't recommend smoking in the same apartment they live in. Sorry thats not the advice you were going for. Even if you are cool with them, if they catch you you're probably getting reported because it would look really bad if someone got caught smoking in the same apartment two RA's live in.

To answer your question, vapes dont smell that bad but they definitely smell like weed. Get in the habit of making some popcorn in the microwave right before you blaze cause it covers the mell and gives you tasty munchies

Good Luck

4. #64 DaDankSkunk, Apr 25, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2011
    I recommend using a host of other things to confuse the smell of vaped weed with other things in your room. ie

Air freshners, weird asian things that are "supposed" to make your room smell better, dried flowers/plants, an actual plant in your room to water, there must be more.

Along with this, just remember to keep the airflow arranged in your room so the air goes OUT the window. If you open your window and you feel a breeze coming in... DONT! all this air will be forced out of your room and if we know that air is entering from the window, chances are its exiting somewhere else... into the hallway? If anything have a nice fat fan pointing Out of your room so that the air is being blown out the window and maybe this will be enough to drag the air from the hallway into your room. Then you know the smell can't be escaping into the hallway. Watch out for a central a/c or heating system though. Those are sneaky bastards.
    On hotter days, you also have to remember that temperature affects pressure and that both pressure and air can be factors in air movement. If you're in a colder room during summer, be wary. I'm not sure by how much this actually makes an effect but it's better to be safe than sorry, i try to take as many precautionary measures as possible, including the old classic of putting a carpet on the bottom of the door. (I fold my little persian rug hotdog style twice, i think its a better filter than a towel)

I smoke in my dorm room at least 20 times a day with all kinds of things. The RA in charge of ALL RAs lives about 4 doors down from me. We use Incredibowls, bongs, ssvs, mflbs, etc. I've only been caught once, and thats because I was smoking a Joint. If only being drunk didn't make me stupid.

edit: Wow I just spent 15 minutes replying to a 4 year old post.

5. *yes I know this is from 2007 but it's been active so I figure I'll just ask my question here.:D

Can someone recommend a good vaporizer to me please. A regular one and also a portable one, thanks!

6. Well, I've fallen in love with " Da Buddha Vaporizer" but what you consider portable and what I consider portable are probably two different things. My definition of portable is being able to move it from my stash spot to the other side of the room.. hahaha if youre loooking for portability, go for the MFLB or w/e. I'm stuck on the DBV tho

7. Hey man! I know where you are coming from, I'm about to leave the dorms in a week, freshman year is finally over haha. But yeah that was my biggest worry and I'll tell you, the biggest investment I've done this entire year was buying the MFLB at the beginning of the year, super easy to put away and it does its job! I do use a window fan pointing out and a sploof just because I'm real sketchy about that sort of stuff and I recommend you do the same because one day I was just vaping like 3 trenches in a row in my bed, windows closed because it was raining and my buddy came in my room telling me he could smell me vaporizing. But yeah, MFLB is definitely worth every penny buddy, just don't go around telling everyone what you got, keep it to yourself!

8. F*** I'm happy I grew up in the 60-70ees.:smoke: You guys are really suffering.:rolleyes: Bring back the Mommas and the Papas.:cool:
    Jimmy is hiding in the cooler.:wave:

Smell popcorn.

Arizer Vap

:smoke:

9. lol hell yes with the arizer vape:hello:

10. jesus 2007 thread :laughing:
    thatd be way stupid to vape when you live with 2 RA's . no point in getting kicked out. no one do this.

11. I vape in my dorm too but only on occasion. There is almost no chance if my RA's catching me but for some reason the school im at bring dogs in every now and again (I know wtf right). It all depends on your situation.

12. Yes they do

When I visited my buddy at UNC he said a few people got busted with a vape, the whole floor smelled like bud.

It could be the bud itself, or they could've forgot to spray something though

13. So if you smoked a dome vaporizer and u blew hits directly into your pillow would ur room stink up? And more importantly, can people outside of your room smell it?

14. Sploof+vape makes u a pot ninja.

15. [quote name='"abay"']For anyone who wants to smoke in their dorm: MAKE POPCORN. Seriously, the smell is so pervasive that you can smell it down the hall, so it works pretty well to mask the weed. It would totally cover up the smell from a vape since it already kinda smells like popcorn anyway. Of course, the usual precautions (window, fan, bag over smoke detector) are always good too. Plus, you can eat the popcorn when you get done smoking. Win-win situation.[/quote]

This man or woman knows what they're talking about. Making food that has a strong smell (popcorn, fish, bacon, etc.) helps cover it extremely well, especially when combined with the vape.

16. Actually, while heat does rise, and while smoke is usually warmer than room temperature, the convection caused by normal differences in temperature will circulate the air (smoke and all) throughout the room. The crack in the bottom of the door is, despite being low, the most obvious place for smoke to exit, as the top of the door jam is almost always flush and close to air tight.

17. Yea two years ago I had a vapor genie made the room smell like burnt popcorn

18. Guess what I'm doing right now :D

19. Tell us ^

20. With my Herbalaire at 350F, smoke buddy and window open, door closed, the other side of the hall could smell the kush and I got a suspicion of marijuana use.

My new method is lowering the temp by 10F just for a thinner less dense vapour and blowing through a tube in the window that redirects the vape directly outside instead of into the room and then just febreezing a lot because it smells nice and neutralizes most odours.