Do Vaporizers Cause Lung Discomfort?

Discussion in 'Vaporizers' started by NoSmoking, Jun 18, 2013.

1. I'm not a smoker, first thing I ever smoked was 2 tiny puffs of marijuana and it was awful. My lungs and chest burned like hell, not to mention I already have a pretty bad heartburn problem. So does a vaporizer cause the same discomfort in  a newbie like myself? I prefer to eat but I just want to know that if vaping will hurt my virgin lungs lol?

2. I mean I smoked everyday, but for me it only caused irritation on ample use.  I was puffing my SSV 14+ times and my chest burned haha.  It's all good in moderation.  My girl MJ helps with my heart burn too.
    But it helps that you can control the temperature on most.  You can set it to as hot as you want or as cool.  Control your vapor production.

3. The coll thing about vaping is you can controll the tempurature of the air and vapor that enters your body and obviously the cooler the less irratation it will cause.

for me personally though the only time a vape ever causes me discomfort is if im ripping it for awhile and then its just my throat a little bit, it doesn't even fase my lungs. So I think you would most likely be ok, its not the same as just breathing ambient air but its a whole lot less irritating than smoking.

4. heat can be the irritant; try cooling it through a bong, works great  :smoke:

ive had friend who smoke a ton knock themselves out on the vape just because they go hard until they feel something. by that time its too late  :smoking:  and they wind up coughing a bunch. 

long run though, itll be fine on your virgin lungs. much healthier for them than smoking....and give that bong a go...with some ice...its like inhaling a pine tree in winter..  :hello: :smoking:  :bongin:   :hippie:

5. Avoid ice in a vapor bong, it will cause the vapor to condense.

6. whatever man.. gets me stoned on the regular :smoke:

7. Ice is good, but some nice warm water has a relaxing affect on my throat and lungs that I cant even explain. I guess its like a sauna for your lungs.

8. I have witnessed a friend of mine who smoke blunts on the regular and after hitting my Micro G Pen throughout the day says his throat was tore up. I personally have never felt much harshness with the vaporizer pen, but thats just me. I recommend packing mini hits in a pen and beta test for a week or so. 

9. The difference is throat discomfort and lung discomfort. My MFLB tickles my throat to no end but the purpose of vaping (for me) is that it doesn't hurt my lungs like smoking does. Are you sure your lungs were actually in pain? Or do you think you just got some pretty great hits and your vape sucker punched your throat?

10. If you use a vape that can produce big hits you will feel it all the way in the bottom of your lungs up to your throat. It can feel like something is just robbing you for oxygen and you just cant breathe right after.

11. If you don't end up buying an expensive vape, I suggest a bong. Bong also has pretty good control of what the smoke is like - normally you place room temperature water in it and just smoke, but you can adjust it as you want to - you can add very hot water (which would be counterproductive to your burning problem), ice cold water (which would probably help with the burning problem), damn, you can even add Sprite, Fanta, drop some mints in the water for a more refreshing feel - anything. Really gives you room to regulate.

12. It is very likely you will find discomfort from vaping unless you are vaping off someone elses unit that they have tuned in perfectly.

Many of my long time smoking friends can't handle my SSV.  I don't get it because I have respiratory problems and they say it's hard on their lungs while it's easy on mine.

13. Vaping tickles your lungs, by that I mean u feel a small tickle in your lungs an thatl make u cough but that's it, like a goosebump kinda feelin,shouldn't burn ur lungs/throat, itl only burn ur mouth f u keep vapor in ur mouth n don't inhale n that's the thc tryna absorb into your mouth which it can't so that's y it would hurt Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app

This post is so full of of misinformation I will just leave it at that.

15. [quote name="BigNugDoug" post="19465194" timestamp="1391545203"]This post is so full of of misinformation I will just leave it at that.[/quote] lol ok Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app

16. [quote name="BigNugDoug" post="19465194" timestamp="1391545203"]This post is so full of of misinformation I will just leave it at that.[/quote] everyone experiences things differently, I have bad lungs n when I vape i can feel a small tickle in them and that's y I cough, not misinformation, that's just what I feel lol Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app

17. Thc trying to absorb in to your mouth hurts? Wtf is that bs? Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

18. When I was a teenager a guy told me if you eat the trichomes you will die.  This kind of reminded me of that.  :D

19. Your lungs are going to hurt your first time, it's inevitable. After a few times you'll get used to it. Vaporizing seems to really dry out my throat and make me cough but my lungs don't hurt as much when I vape compared to when I smokeYou know that it would be untrue, you know that I would be a liar, if I was to say to you, girl we couldn't get much higher

Bullshit.