do trichomes change color in a line

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by gabersmoker24, Feb 24, 2009.

1. Like u can pick ur high by waiting for the trichomes to change amber/cloudy. But what comes first do they go cloudy then 50/50 then completely amber or what

2. while the plant is growing and flowering the hairs will probably be white and as it is closer to harvest they will change to an amber color

3. Lokii, Gaber is asking about the trichomes not the pistils. And the trichs are the only thing you should go by.

Gaber, each trich will change color, so when you hear about half cloudy and half amber, for example, that doesn't mean that each trich is 50/50, it means that half have changed from cloudy to amber already and half haven't changed yet.

They start clear, then to cloudy, then to amber. But don't be surprised if you see an occasional purple or red trich as well. Check them under magnification, Radio Shack has a cheapo pocket microscope that works.

They do not change in lock-step. Some may be amber while others are still clear. Buds on top may be ready to harvest while lower branches aren't. And so on. Hope that helps.

4. yes i have 6 ladies in 3rd day of flower. They developed microscopic preflowers 3 weeks ago in veg. I got one of those 60x-100x radio shack a couple weeks ago. I know that each trichome is not 50/50 amber and cloudy. I ment half the trichomes are cloudy and half are amber. My plants are doing really well and this is my first grow Im pretty excited for the harvest. lol:bongin:

5. Cool beans, sounds like you're on top of things.