Do Top Tier Pieces Get One Higher?

Discussion in 'Smoking Pipes, Glass Spoon Pipes' started by watusippin?, Jul 9, 2009.

1. So I was wondering; do top of the line pieces of RooR, Toro, SG ect get one higher than a cheaper "china glass" piece? I want to get a nice bong tbut need a couple good reasons to justify the $400+ price tag. If a RooR can get me more irie than my china made Pure Glass then I would make the investment.

2. Not directly, but they make hits smoother and easier to take, leading to bigger hits. Bigger hits, in turn, get you higher, but at the end of the sesh, a bowl's a bowl, and will get you just as high as any other.

3. is smoking weed all about getting high?

some people enjoy the act of smoking-
    i find it kind of fun.

smoking toro/SG is a fun thing to do

4. I agree with you. I also think that enjoyment feeds into your high. So, while smoking out of a nice, clean, sturdy RooR won't make your THC any stronger, the fact that you're not hunched over a superglue repaired budget Chinese pipe makes everything that much nicer :smoke:

5. True, I love trying out new stuff just for the fun of it!

I agree with the rest of the guys, any bong can get you ripped if you hit it right, the better ones are just easier and more pleasant to hit.

6. #6 yakazulu089, Jul 9, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 9, 2009
    100% agree its not just about the high. I love the whole process leading up to and after smoking. From bringing out the glass, to breaking up the bud, to filling the tube with water. Then of course the actual smoking part followed by the easing into the high. I just love every part of it even the cleaning of the tube which has become almost like meditation for me.

And yes if you spend your money wisely (get a toro or sg) and care for an expensive tube then it is absolutely worth it and will most certainly get you extremely fucked up. I've smoked up many a people in my day with my glass and some go into it skeptical thinking "its just a bong how much of a difference can it make?" Believe me there is a huge difference when you are smoking out of a perfectly engineered bong.

7. a higher quality piece will last much longer

8. no but you're talkin about a number of things. The draw of the smoke the the quality of glass and the weight are always factors. High priced bongs live longer, smoke faster and better. Also a plus if you can fit a A/C on it. Brand bongs are highly universal. its always the same joint sizes. I notice cheaper/local glass have different sized joints than brand bongs.

9. Many might disagree with me on this, but I actually do think a better bong, will get you higher. When I hit bongs its always 1 hitter clears, so you always finish whats in the bowl. With a really shitty tube its hard to clear, you get water in your mouth, and the smoke can taste like shit.

When I smoke out of quality glass, its a really enjoyable smoke. You can take much larger hits since its filtered much better, there is usually no drag, and just a lot of fun to hit.

10. #1 reason for getting nice glass i'd say is that it wont break.

my friend dropped my inline a/c on the counter the other day from about a foot up and it was fine. any of my low quality glass would have shattered.

it's also nice to have a really high quality piece that you can depend on.