Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

do they use growlights for street lights?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by jayjay5396, Jan 21, 2013.

1. #1 jayjay5396, Jan 21, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 21, 2013
    hi got a daft question

theres 1000s of street lights outside lamp posts what ever you call em, are they grow lights? the bulbs and light look similar to my HPS just wondered if they are infact growlights does anyone know?

2. Yeah pretty much, they use HPS lights in spots that aren't so important to be lighted up to save energy.

3. #3 jayjay5396, Jan 21, 2013
  4. I always wondered how many watts they were, and if I were to climb up the telephone pole and take the bulb to see if it would fit in mine haha

5. #5 jayjay5396, Jan 21, 2013
    i wouldnt do that if i were you the power is still on f*ck that sh!t.

i was thinking plant a seed under one and see if it grows

6. I know I know haha, but I do know people crazy enough people that would do it

7. i prefer been fried after a joint not while trying to take a bulb out

come to think of it how would you explain that to a cop.

cop: what you doing up there sunny?
    farmer: oh erm...... changing the bulb.... lol

cop: your nicked

8. If you look across a city from a place with a good view at night, you can see the orange spectrum and the blue spectrum in all the street lights. Some are MH some are HPS. Some are mercury vapor. It's hard to tell the mercury vapor ones from the metal halide ones.

9. That was quite funny and interesting conversation to read !

10. "Poof".....

Mind blown 🙀

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app

11. Yes. I planted three trees in my back yard, then I got one of the street lamps put in my alley over looking my back yard. Trees and grass were growing like crazy because were getting light 24/7. It only cost 8$ a month and they come in put it in themselves.