Do these products work with living soil??

Discussion in 'Growing Organic Marijuana' started by Nickwdank93, Aug 26, 2017.

1. Hello I've been lurking through these various forums, researching what to use with my organic grow and I have a few questions regarding products and their effects on microorganisms in a living soil food web. It's a short list and any feedback would be greatly appreciated. I'd be using these with a soil mix I got from a friend who has proven results. Also if you have any suggestions for different and better products that would also be greatly appreciated.

Products are:

Bioag ful power
    Mammoth p
    Hygrozyme
    Great white mycorrhizae

If anyone would let me know if these products are harmful to beneficial microorganisms, if the products are redundant, or if I could be using something better.

Please excuse my ignorance :)

Any feedback is greatly appreciated

2. Yes. I use hygrozyme and I've been told that you can get the same effects much cheaper from something called barley based pond clarifier. It speeds up the breakdown of dead organic material in the root zone.

All of those products are fine for a living soil. Hydro nutrients don't even harm a living soil. Only a sterilizer would like peroxide or bleach.

I grow hydro but like to use many organic ingredients and beneficial microbes. It's living hydro. The only way to get great yields. I never sterilize it except certain equipment. Beneficial microbes always overpower bad ones if you manage stuff correctly.

• Like Like x 2
  3. I've seen side by side mammoth p grows with pretty dramatic results. That's definitely a legit product.

4. Hey brother ... i hrew hydro most my canna growin experience anf have used great white in hydro .... i switched to organic no til and still use great white!
    Have used it in hydro and soil ALONE and also brewed like a compost tea!
    I wouldnt use hydro nutrients in organic soil as the hy concentration of salts (in the chemical hydro nutes) will kill off the foodweb in the soil (that is the bacteria fungi etc) basically high concentrations of salts will ruin the natural ecosystem balanced by the different microorganisms in the soil.
    I hope this answers yoir questions
    Sorry i didnt mention the other products as I have no experience using them!

Check out my current Organic Fruit Garden:
    DrCannaP's Organic Fruit Garden
    and my previous Organic Run:
    The Doc's 2Strain Trial Organic Run: Tangerine Dream & Pineapple Chunk.
    and my previous QuadStrain grow :
    Thr Doc's 4 strain MMJ garden: CBD Critical Cure and more ;-)
    and my previous TriStain grow :
    The Docs TriStrain adventure: (White Widow, Bubblelicious and Amnesia) Waterfarmed and SCROGed

5. How does supplementation of things like botanicare's hydroguard, AN's piranha, GH's rapidstart, AN voodoo juice and other hydroponic root zone innoculants work at all if the nutrients used to feed the plant kill them? Piranha is a mychorhiza fungus supplement I use in DWC along with GH nutrients. I've seen it work. My 400ppm veg solution didn't kill it.

I could see high concentrations but not at levels that are typically growing plants.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Gopd qiestion, brother, and I also wonder the same ... nonetheless, i do remember from Heisenberg thread (where he described the bennoes teas) that yoi should regularly replenish the microherd by adding a cup or so of yoir tea every few days!
    In regards to the little factoid, if ya will, about hydro nutes killing the bennies, that is actually in regards to soil and the soil food web (and wether or not it applies to hydro or how accurate it is in regards to hydro bennies is beyond me ... interesting and mind stimulating to lmsay the least ) ... such info was taken from the book "teaming with microbes"

Check out my current Organic Fruit Garden:
    DrCannaP's Organic Fruit Garden
    and my previous Organic Run:
    The Doc's 2Strain Trial Organic Run: Tangerine Dream & Pineapple Chunk.
    and my previous QuadStrain grow :
    Thr Doc's 4 strain MMJ garden: CBD Critical Cure and more ;-)
    and my previous TriStain grow :
    The Docs TriStrain adventure: (White Widow, Bubblelicious and Amnesia) Waterfarmed and SCROGed

• Like Like x 1
  7. My suggestion is to save your money and not buy any of the products you have mentioned.

Start simple.

A good soil mix. Alfalfa/kelp teas and some aloe is all you really need.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  8. I agree simplicity is the ultimate form of sophistication but still I would like to maximize potential

9. I agree simplicity is the ultimate form of sophistication but still I would like to maximize potential

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. Just looked at their results. Gh is way low with the subculture produts but they did not test them all, but AN did not pass... hehe. Undetected any microbes.
    Botanicare passed.

Great White's actual numbers are way below label.

11. Really about great white?? I checked out the results he posted and I didn't see it listed

12. they all should be like that. the figures advertised are "minimums".

13. Not bunk, but almost garenteed to be overpriced . What I'm really tring to say is if a product (or something very similar) is not used by general horticulturists and is solely sold to weed growers you can be pretty sure its not your best option.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  14. I would agree that is some solid advice. Do you have any suggestions for beneficial microbes that are used by main stream horticulturists ?

15. I think they use compost teas or just assume that a high quality compost/ECW will contain lots of bact/fungi.

I'm not an expert at all, maybe there are good products out there that growers use to innoculate soil. I just follow the no-till recipe fairly close and its been great so far.

• Agree Agree x 1