Do these look ok?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Tommyt916, May 13, 2008.

1. Some of these guys are getting quite long and hanging to the side of my cup. Is this normal? Something I'm doing wrong? I know temp is a bit high (83ish day and 74 ish at night) Lights are 24/7 and 5ft away a fan is GENTLY blowing on them and they are 3 days old. Please comment...Thanks guys

Attached Files:

2. move them lights dooooooooooown, and no its not normal they are stretching

3. Uh yeah what he said ^^ those are stretching like mad. You can keep the lights less then a foot away...

4. rofl they are growing like lst. lmao. those things look so naked....

5. oh AND DONT CALL THEM GUYS! CALL THEM GIRLS!

6. My Badd...I got a 1000w MH light on them right now, should i really move it down that close? Thats whats causing them to look like that?

7. You have already been told correct.
    White stretching is often caused by your light being too far away.
    You need to move it closer.
    5 feet is way too far. Id cut it down to half, and give them some sort of support, check your temperatures then move them again if need be.

8. Thanks Anoy. When I posted yesterday you advised that 5 ft away was fine and that was my reason for seeking a 2nd opinion when I was told that my light was to high. They are so young, I didnt want to burn them up. Always appreciative of your advise man. I lowered the light to 3ft and the temp is 82. I working to bring that down over the next day or 2.

Are the ones that are currently stretched, a lost cause? Or will they develop? Thanks again

9. Yeah 3 feet will probably be fine. When you said "lights" I didn't think you meant 1 1000w beast...no you can't put that less then a foot away like I said =P

10. :eek:
    Um, could you quote me and post it? If I did, was my mistake, sorry, I got a lil tipsy last night.
    Definitely a miscommunication.
    Edit: Are you talking about this thread? Cause I dont see it and would like to post a correction.

11. I'm sorry Anoy, it was not you that advised that 5ft was a safe enough distance, it was Dr. Tichome (And he was right). My mistake man...You were the first one to hit me back on that post and I therefore associated that info with you. My badd man. Thnaks for the input "The dude"

So Are the ones that are currently stretched, a lost cause? Or will they develop? Thanks again man

12. Np, just wanted to make sure I didnt screw up or mistype or something.
    Anyway, nah they wont necessarily die, but you will want to support them standing up somehow fo sho.

13. Will do. Thanks man