Do these look ok?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by springfield, Mar 10, 2015.

1. Hi there,

I just wanted to ask the experienced growers out there if my plant looks ok and what I should be doing next. This is my first time grow. I'm a little confused on what week they are in. When does the veg state start after seedlings? They were started from seeds on feb 13.

I'm using feminized seeds (ice wreck) in coco. I have them under cfl's (2700k and 6500k bulbs). I am feeding them pure blend pro grow (3.0 cc/litre) with 1.0 cc/litre cal mag and 1.0cc/litre b1. I'm not sure if that is high enough nutes but I have just been following what the plant looks like. Should I be feeding every water or alternating. I water them every 3 days. They are in 2.5/3 gallon pots. I have been using RO water. I also bought earth juice hi-brix molasses to use (when flowering I think?). Ph is between 5.6-6.2

Any feedback/ tips would be great. When do I know when to put them in flowering state?

Thank you in advance.

Attached Files:

2. Looks good to me!  BUT........Im green as a pool table

3. I counted veg weeks from the day I germinated just so I would know how long it all took. Some say veg doesn't really start from seed until 1-2 weeks. In my opinion, veg time doesn't matter until you're on a time constraint. Grow her as big as you can/would like to then flip to flowering. Now, for flowering, time does matter because she will ripen at a certain time.

Also, I grow in coco and found later on that 5.6-6.2 ph that is suggested for coco is a little low. Maybe it's just my plant, but she likes it more 6-6.5 (better uptake of nutrients).

How many lights per plant you using?

4. #5 killset, Mar 11, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 11, 2015
    Knowing Veg time definitely matters when growing indoors, especially if your going to continue to grow. I keep track of how long I veg so I know when to take clones and have them vegged and ready for flower. I know roughly how long it takes to veg each of the strains I have to fit the space I have and be ready for the next crop. Without some idea timing would get out of whack, resulting in plants being vegged to long and getting to big or vegged to short and not have the size I want when I get ready to flower. Keeping things moving and on a cycle results in more finished plants per year.

5. I use 3 cfl's per plant right now (2x 6500k and 2700k).

Is it better to feed every watering or alternate?

I'm confused, Is the size more important in veg state or how many weeks it's been in veg state before flowering?