Do these lights work?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by playa1barr, Oct 13, 2006.

1. HI, im new to this site and i need help. I have two 13w fluorescent lights that i thought would work for the biginning stage of the growth and i have a 250w light that i found in my house. it gives off a red light and a lot of heat. im planning on just starting on one plant for now. Also who is DR.Chronic and how do you buy seeds from him?

click on the picture for bigger picture

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. that tin foil you have around the lights need to get it smooth..or it will kill the leaves.

3. fluros suck

that is all

4. Definitly gotta get that foil outta there. If your going with a small box setup, youll be better off with no reflector on those CFL's. What type of bulb is in that third pic? Chances are thats no good.

5. The last bulb will not work and 2 13 watt CFL's will not be nearly enough for vegging or flowering.

THCFIEND if you dont have anything important to say just leave.

6. Do you ever sayanything productive? Honestly, negativity has no place here. Be helpful or GTFO.

-rep

7. The fluoros are fine, but the other light is just an incandescent lamp which is not suitable for growing MJ.

8. WTF???? That third bulb is a HEAT LAMP bulb. Meaning IR heat, meaning the only purpose of this bulb is to radiate heat, and alot of it, without producing hardly any light. Get rid of it now, or put it in your basement to keep it warm. Never use thse for growing. Personally I would have used Mylar instead of tin foil, but use what you got. I would make new reflectors though, and just wrap tin foil over a bowl, so that you can get a really smooth, and even flow of the foil. Then just secure it, so it will not come apart. You could compres another bowl the same size over top to just make it that much better. Stay away from products like glue or tape, these products will heat up, and melt and could be a potential fire hazard. I am actually thinking of how to make a refletor for one of my 1000watt MH bulbs, but i might just get a light reflector from the arena. They hav big fucking bulbs there for lighting, and I'm sure it would be a perfect fit, and if not, I will just fabricate one from scratch. Good luck, and stay away from IR lights.

9. if i were you, i'd try to find a better light system going.those bulbs are good to light a room, but unless you contain it, it's just gonna spray all over the place and barely any will get the plants. i'm on my second grow, and my setup is hardly what anyone would call professional. it's just and old phototron II case with a bunch of flourescents (and one heavy duty anti-depressant light) jimmy-rigged into it. it may look shabby, but it gets the job done. lesson being: since you're obviously just doing a small grow, focus first on how to contain the light, rather than how much to have. it'll save you a lot of money and problems to do that. and yeah, try to avoid flammable stuff; weed doesn't need fire until AFTER it's been harvested. peace