Do these lights look like the right ones?? budding!!

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by SunnyGthumb, Dec 28, 2010.

1. im tryna buy some hps lights and this guy is selling what seems to be what i want.. if they are im gonna drive down and pick up a few i just wanna double check before i buy something useless
    400 watt hydroponic,warehouse lighting

2. TTT i wanna go buy them nd budd up these black afgan

3. maybe this isnt the right forum

4. sounds like bs to me, he does not seem to know what he is talking about and who knows if it will run properly. go with a reliable source for your light because it is a huge component of your grow, do not cut corners or try to save money on the light.

Also, its ok to go with used fixtures, but never but used bulbs.

5. on my first grow i went cheep on the light equipment, and the ballast shorted out on me 3 weeks later, so i ponied up a few hundred for a convertible ballast.

6. #7 tplat, Dec 28, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 28, 2010

Those are most likely MH lights if their from a warehouse, they would work for flowering but you would get better results using an HPS light. If he still has some hooked up ask him to turn one one and look at the color of light its emitting, if its a blue-ish color its a MH bulb if its a red-ish color its an HPS bulb in it. If its still got the manufacturer sticker on it it might say what type of replacement bulb it takes. I think those type of lights with the magnetic ballast built in can only run one type of bulb, either MH or HPS but not both.

7. thanks for all the replys peeps!
    took the advice and didnt cut corners..
    awaiting my new 400w hps from htg supply.. hope the ballast doesnt short out cuz i cut one corner buying the diy ballast but i will be making a custom housing and cooling fan to maxamize ballast life..
    has anyone heard of flowering in 30 days? i dont believe nor can i find anything about it

8. no you cant flower in 30 days and i dont know if you are aware but those light fixtures are fuckin humongus

9. thats what i thought too lol i was just interested if it was true tho.. a few of my grow buddies out here were rambling on about it.. well i did end up getting the ballast kit in the mail just dont know how to wire it up yet.. still waiting on the bulb anyways.
    nd yes im aware haha space isnt an issue here.. atleast the ballast i have is small