DO SOMETHING DANGEROUS

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by ejean, Jan 31, 2014.

1. @[member="pokeabewl"] my friend the left brained logic is much appriated. Ofcourse everybody needs money but look at it. The dollar bill it fiat money and holds no fucking value. lets say if i worked and saved by then our economy would cras again and the dollar bill value of the dollar would drop again. it's a waste of time and effort i'd rather find work over there and build myslef up

2. @[member="stupidstoner"] To me work is play. i wouldn't want a career that i dnt love just to get a paycheck probalay just a temp job. And yes i do work hard and still am. as for language concerns maybe you told you'r self you couldn't but i'm determined enough that i know i can learn a new language.

3. Fuck everyone saying anything else. Yes, all the way. Go to another country. Be smart about it though - make sure you can make a small living there to get by. There's no sisters or welfare in third world countries, just death and homelessness if you end up smoking too much and not focusing on getting food and shelter. Embrace that feeling. Don't let your parents ignorance give you the impression that the United States is as naive, judgmental, and uncaring as your parents. But if you feel this is what you have to do, by all means let absolutely nobody stop you. Id say get a job here now, and spend every waking minute dedicating your earned dollars toward going exactly where you want to. Then you'll feel prepared and have a nest egg to work with. Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

4. @[member="penisface"] thanks for the advice! :yummy:

5. Get deported?

6. The us/canada border is the largest unsecured border in the world. You could in theory walk to alaska and cross the bering strait to access europe.

Of course you personally would die but since youre fantasizing anyway why not fantasize big?

7. Your already in Texas just walk south against the influx of people headed north, no passport needed they sure don't have one :smoke:

8. Location: middle of nowhere. Live in a tent and find water and bugs and shit to eat. While your at it grow weed.
    How to get to middle of nowhere you ask? Keep walking for exactly 74.5 hours (pause when you stop to eat, sleep, shit) then you will reach your destination and make camp. Good luck. I will be watching your progress.

9. Come to Costa Rica!

It's beatiful here. Pretty ladies, some really fugly ones, but as anywhere else we got our gems around. Good partying for youngers, drinking age 18. Fairly good weed. Dank all around and cheap mids. Happiest country on Earth. Nature. Great mid-high class. Though I feel ashamed for some of the people on the lower mainstream, because some if the local media only transmit dumb braincell killing shit, which you can see deteriorating people.

But for sure, I love it here.If you are sdventorous it's perfect too. Actually went rafting yesterday and shit. Many surfing spots and all kind of sports

10. [quote name="The Golden Spiral" post="19446786" timestamp="1391265080"]Come to Costa Rica!It's beatiful here. Pretty ladies, some really fugly ones, but as anywhere else we got our gems around. Good partying for youngers, drinking age 18. Fairly good weed. Dank all around and cheap mids. Happiest country on Earth. Nature. Great mid-high class. Though I feel ashamed for some of the people on the lower mainstream, because some if the local media only transmit dumb braincell killing shit, which you can see deteriorating people.But for sure, I love it here.If you are sdventorous it's perfect too. Actually went rafting yesterday and shit. Many surfing spots and all kind of sports[/quote] https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=trcb0LZfuZA&feature=youtube_gdata_player http://forum.grasscity.com/index.php?/topic/1269823-This-old-Hippies-Organic-Garden.This old Hippies Organic Garden.

11. You know it.
    Sublime said it too
    "me fui a costa rica para tomar y surfear placticaba con la raza cause they know who we are"

Bro I'm telling you, this is paradise.
    Op if you decide to come this way be sure to hit me up!

12. @[member="Hi5AiRPLANES"] we're all in this world playing the same game but different levels my friend if this is the path i chose so be it. life is short why not take risk that's what its all about fyi: im educated enough but there is always room for more, in the end depending on how you lived your life you'll either come back to this earth again or accesend to another level.

13. @[member="The Golden Spiral"] Thanks! ill consider it :)

14. @[member="Snoop Toad"] trust me i'll survive :metal:

15. I'm now considering teaching english in south africa for a little then explore different parts of the world until the year is over. in each country ill find places to work ofcourse.

16. #36 Majestic Raven, Feb 2, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 2, 2014
    Dude. You're 18. You are not educated enough, nobody is. Also there is no proof of reincarnation, not to start a whole other argument. As others have stated you are having delusions of grandeur but in reality it is going to be rough. I am not trying to convince you not to go, I think everyone secretly wishes that they could get away like that.

But if you are going to do it you need a real fucking plan, not "I have no money but I will find a way to leave the country for free and automatically have a job  there waiting for me even though I don't speak the language. There will also be a house waiting for me full of women because I imagined it using The Secret".

Use your head man.

17. It's fun to fuck around and travel the world but you can do all of that without burning bridges with every immediate family member. I didn't read every post so I'm sorry if someone already said this but damn. Even if they suck they are still your family. I sold everything I had and bought a plane ticket to Australia once upon a time... You will meet a new family that will be with you forever but remember that your parents broke their back, banks and everything else to get you off your feet in this world because they love you. 

18. This is my first post on here... Man you shoulda started saving money earlier. I live in a small town in Canada and I've had a job since I was 15 making about $1200 a month (gas station jockey) and lots of that has gone into a savings account or paying for my truck. I also think like you do regarding traveling and working while and college etc.. But you gotta realize you need money to get started.

I'm hoping to move out and rent a house with 2 of my friends who also want to travel and save more then buy a plane ticket and just go. Go somewhere and have as much fun as I can and find somewhere I love and find a job there (like teaching English, they're in high demand), and then work for a bit, then travel more, work for a bit, travel more, and repeat the cycle. Oh and btw my parents are against it but my grandparents are for it. They realized live is too short and they wish they had the desire to go and see the world when they were young like I have. It's all about making your dreams a reality man.

19. Op you should record your adventure ive been waiting for a sequel to joe dirt

20. you should save up for a houseboat and float over to hawaii or the carribean