Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Do some people underestimate it??

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Slayersaiez, Aug 26, 2011.

1. I'm tired of seeing the common "Was my weed laced?" or " Did I overdose?" threads on Grasscity. Some people don't understand that in large enough amounts, weed can be a crazy mind fucking experience, especially edibles. I'm sure a lot of people out there has had one of those nights early on in their smoking career where they lost count of the bowls they smoked and just had racing thoughts and maybe some anxiety.

Weed is more potent than you think, if you smoke or eat enough, things can get pretty fucking weird from Cevs to anxiety attacks. Before you asked if it was laced just consider that weed or is more potent than what some people take it for.

2. Yea weed can get pretty mindfucking. Imagine what some unmentionables can do..

3. for sure man. I think that people that have never smoked before definitely underestimate how unbelieveable it is to be high. I mean, they see stoners doing absolutely everything stoned, and most of the time its not even noticeable that they are stoned. Therefore, they don't fully understand how life changing marijuana can be because it completely opens up your brain and gives you a completely different view on life. This is one thing about marijuana that is completely different than alcohol, which doesn't have the same ability to change someone's life, imo. Haha, hopefully I made sense :smoking:

4. Also noted that the majority of these posts almost always include the phrase

"i don't smoke a lot"

5. I've personally been locked in place for about 4 hours with eyes like a newt and responding to people with a 10 second delay.

Lightweights just don't understand the power of the cannabis. :p

6. it totally is because people classify weed as a harmless drug in many ways, and on this website so i think people who havent smoked hear people saying this and assume it, and then within not trying enough or a potent strain people will denfintly start feeling wierd. So when people say its a harmless drug you cant stress enough that weed is a drug and will might be a little overpowering if your un-aware and new to it.

7. word. :bongin::smoking:

8. It all has to do with the users mindset. For instance if you were going to eat some magical mushrooms, you better be prepared and have positive attitude. If you go into it afraid and all that you will have a terrible time. I've seen it happen over and over again, that's why I don't like smoking with new people anymore :(

9. I like M**shr**ms.

10. weed isnt very potent at all really compared to other drugs...

11. although you are right, its hearing things like this that make people underestimate the high that marijuana does give you. Because it can be pretty fucking mindblowing to someone who doesn't do it everyday like most of the people on here. :gc_rocks:

12. #13 jaden420, Aug 26, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
    Y troll?

13. Cannabis can be very overwhelming to somebody with low tolerance or low experience. Especially high quality cannabis with good genetics can produce very strong effects.

If you are new to smoking or have a low tolerance you, should really take it slowly. You can always take another hit if you want more, but you can't un-smoke :). 5-10 minutes between each good hit is a good pace to go slowly.

14. For the attention(replies).

Just leave trolls alone... They're only as annoying as you allow them to be.

15. I can't really tell if I've underestimated it or just lacked discretion, but I've gotten pretty messed up in a bad way twice which is a lot for me considering I've only been smoking weed since April.

The first time, my friend who bought the weed said something was off about it and it might be laced, which I just didn't really care at the time and got high and it was downhill from there, it felt like my heart was racing a billion miles an hour for about 6 hours straight. I thought I was going to die, my friend said I was just becoming extremely sensitive, but I doubt it sometimes since my chest ached for a day or two afterwards.

The second time wasn't too bad, I was just really dizzy and couldn't sit up without feeling sick, I probably just smoked too much or didn't eat enough that day.

tl;dr, Yes, It's very easy to underestimate especially if your tolerance is low. (Even worse if your smoking bros/broettes have a higher tolerance.)

16. I know I underestimated it. I can barely move right now lol new toker :)

17. Maybe a lot of new smokers didn't get high the first time, so the 2nd time they smoke up they overdo it in an attempt to finally get really damn high. Then they smoke too much. Or people like myself, who get high 3rd or 4th time with friends, and then want to get really ridiculously blazed so they overdo it intentionally despite warnings from friends and have a great time that they don't remember most of.

Getting really, really high early in your smoking career can be good though. It's preparation for high potency psychedelics, if that's your thing.

18. yeah the first time i tried to vape, i took at least 50 vape hits i dont even remember because i was so high but i continued to hit it because i didnt think it was doing anything and i was still a dumbass kid getting high to get fucked up not for the experience. weed can deffinately be a total mindfuck and get extremely trippy if you smoke eat or vape a large ammount