Do smaller plants require less light?

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by skweejal, Oct 20, 2011.

1. Not as in less 'On' time, but as in less wattage. So maybe I could go with a 400w HPS instead of a 600w for the full run.

I'm fairly new.. Well actually this will be my first grow. I'm wanting to start small, to help save money, time, and make sure I don't screw it up with large, hard to manage plant. Baby steps I guess. I was wanting to start with either Pakistan Ryder or White Dwarf. From what I've read, these are great starter plants. I'd love to get any information on that I can get on these plants, as well as other recommendations. I'm here to learn, so learn me up.

2. Not smaller plants, but less area of plants. You can have tiny little clones, but if you have 50 of them that cover a 5x5 area, you would want a 1000 watt minimum. It just depends on how much area your plants will take up. Generally a 400 watt is good for 2x2 up to 3x3 area.

3. It'd just be a 48"x48" grow box with 1 plant at a time. I really want to make sure I get the process of growing down pat before I begin Hydroponics, cloning and all that advanced stuff.

4. That will be fine, just LST it so that it can actually take up at least 2x2 at the canopy level, or you will be wasting light.