Do seedbanks make a lot of money?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by james.wolverine97, Feb 3, 2015.

1. Always interested to find out where which end makes more money is it the growers or sellers because lot of traders in real life such as trainers/sneakers or food such as bananas make more profit by sellers etc... 

2. Imo breeders make the most. Brb growing 200 seeded plants getting hundreds aven thousands per plant if its big enough. Then sellong those seeds to seed banks.

After that i think its big time growers then seedbanks. Seedbanks probably make good money but at the same time you can buy a few seeds for 50 bucks, clone em and not have to buy any more. While the bigtime growers are pushing out hundreds of pounds and making much much more back.

Although this is all guesstimatiom

3. true but what sucks is that I have small grow room I can squeeze in 2-3 if micro probably 4-5, so seeds get wasted if I want to try my new strains so youd have to kill them, I'm going to try a preservation technique where I will leave it in water (which works try it grab a cup fill it with water put the stem in) will root up 2-3weeks later, then I'm going to try regularly change the water and add some nuts into the water see how long it survives.

4. I hope they all get filthy rich!

5. what do you mean by preservation technique? All that's doing is making a clone of a plant, which will then need to be grown out. If you're looking for a mother plant. Then just set up another grow area and choose a mother to take clones from

6. #6 killset, Feb 4, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 4, 2015
    All these techniques you keep talking about are going to require another area set up. So let's say you do this with the water. What are you going to do with it when you flower your tent? Its not going to stay a little tiny clone. If the clones in there its going to flower also You don't need much for a mother plant. But you will need something set up.

7. yeah obviously another area man come on we've spoken about this before. 

Why is that? because of the great services they provide? or customer care? or because they supply us :p

8. #8 killset, Feb 4, 2015
    yes and you've always been 100% against doing so, so don't try and make me look like I forgot....if your going to do that then just plant your seeds in soil and choose a mother plant....its going to be a huge pain in the ass trying to keep a plant alive in a cup of water indefinetly. If your trying to do a hydro set up, then you're going to need more equipment. I have total respect for the hydro guys, but there's reasons they don't grow a plant in a tiny cup of water. There's reasons they have air pumps, water pumps, different ferts....please stop calling them nuts, its nutes...it makes for funny reading though. Hydro is not a cheap prospect. Your going to have to get another source of light, a cheap t5 or CFLs will do just fine. You said you don't want stuff out in the open so maybe convert an old dresser or something. Get the correct size inline for your tent and down grade the current one you have for this set up...I know we've talked about this, I'm the 1 who shared with you that I've cloned in a cup of water before. But cloning a plant and growing a mother plant is not the same thing

9. #9 killset, Feb 4, 2015
    Cheap easy cloning straight into soil. My machine got full and I needed a few clones before I flowered my plants. I have a new clone machine on the way, but a huge snow storm has everything messed up so I went this route....trust me man your not going to be able to keep a mother plant in a cup of water. Eventually the stem will rot and then what? Your screwed if your other plants are in late flower. It will be hard to hold up ...a small mother plant in soil under a cheap light is about as easy and inexpensive as it gets

Attached Files:

10. I would think the big growers and seedbanks make the most money all together..? The dispensaries in the U.S probably make a great amount. And then you have the cartels. Lol

11. cartel dont seel seeds nigga lol, imagine people getting chopped up over seeds 

12. Nobody makes $$$ unless they now what they're doing and that takes experience and lots of it.

13. Lol, cartels are in their own category. I didn't realize you were asking about just specifically seed production and sell. Leave me alone, I am high... :p

14. It depends on a couple things.

Are you growing in a legal area? Then sellers. They buy in pounds and half pounds, sell in grams and eighths, mostly. Where illegal states, a seller buys a QP or a HP, then breaks it down the same way (8ths and less), with the occasional half ounce or ounce. But the difference isn't as big, so the grower makes more (all he sells in is QP/HP, which has a higher profit ratio than larger bulk, and, being black or gray market, has a higher base price to begin with).

Basically, say you were pre-recreational in WA, where I am...a HP could be purchased from a grower for about $1400, a pound for $2500. But if you sold that, your prices on street were anywhere from $200-$225/oz, a quarter oz ran about $75, an eighth $40, and a measured gram $10-$15, depending...

As you can see, black market, when it existed, you could buy a crap HP of trash for $1400, and break it down to a mix of 2 oz ($400, minimum), 4 quarter ounces ($300), 8 eighths ($320), and four oz mixed dubs and grams ($1120 minimum), for a total of $740 profit.

Where a $1400 HP profits you about $400, after all materials/equipment for an inside grow is calculated, or about $700 for an outdoor (hardware for growing is amortized, since it's a one-shot).

Seed banks, on the other hand...once you develop a reputation, they can make bank. At $8/$10 a seed, and an average of 12 seeds per inch of mature bud....you're talking about $120 bucks per gram of bud to the grower. But to run a seed bank, you have to know your shit from front to back...laws (local and international), how to skirt them safely, legitimizing as a business, how to run a business, enough on growing to grow the plants, sex the plants, raise the plants, stabilize strain, feminize seeds.....you have to know all aspects of production AND all of the business ins and outs AND all of the legal ins and outs that MIGHT come into play.

Tough business....but it can pay REALLY well.