Do politicians even care about this country??

Discussion in 'Politics' started by texas_ranger97, Feb 2, 2014.

If voting actually did something, than the country would not be in the sad state of affairs it currently is. Instead, persons in power just pull votes from the citizens with promises of riches, riches that are given to them at the expense of others, and then laugh as they receive money under the table, and convince the citizens to just keep voting, and swinging the power from one group of authoritarians to another.

If people want to change the system, then you need to switch the mentality of people from authoritarian, to personal liberty.

2. Let's just say this country is fucked and leave it at that.

3. Let me answer this in two Letters...No

4. No, actually voting does do something but unfortunately its difficult to get voters all on the same side.  Politicians play on this and focus on the more popular side to get voted in.  There isn't a conspiracy, majority of people just don't understand this.

5. #45 Insert Name Here, Feb 4, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 4, 2014
    When there are 435 representatives representing 300 million people, it's real hard for YOU to be represented... And they know this, so they just go along with whoever will keep them in office. And life long politicians are a big reason we are where we are. In the beginning these representatives were only to serve 1 or 2 terms then go back to their lives. It was never intended for them to sit there for 30 years.  

And the Senate seats were originally picked by the state's legislators, which changed because of bribery issues.  But each state having 2 senators regardless of it's size doesn't represent a voice of any state at all. And they're in there for 6 years.

So the main problem is we the people are not properly represented, IMO. 300 million different people screaming 300 million different things, when they are only caring about money and the next election cycles. The US is too big, we need to be broken down into different countries and ruled by tyrants a little closer to home instead of all of them being in DC. 

6. Well said, i like the part about sitting there for 30 years, i can see how they would maybe stop caring or getting bored, probably easy for them to get re elected, and they keep making a good amount of money so why not

7. Honestly man it's not worth getting worked up over because we can't really DO anything about it.  I mean they're going to do what they want regardless and there are lots of closed doors.  This country is bound to destroy itself sooner or later.  Just best to spark a joint and chill out.  

Ha, Ha, you clearly side with the conservatives and your major rant is full of right-wing bullshit. Even when you try to be bi-partisan in your words, you fail. Another 18 year old (really 17) that has all the answers for a revolution. :smoke:

You just reiterated my point; politicians buy votes to get elected, and dont actually care. You also dont need to get all voters on the same side, just get 51% of people to agree on a way to force the other 49% into doing their bidding.

10. But still its up to the majority of the people what goes through.  There isn't a conspiracy,  its just politicians playing the numbers.   

Why do you feel the need to keep saying conspiracy, as though it somehow proves your point? Do you also understand how ironic it is, when you say there isnt a conspiracy, but the politicans are corrupt?

The majority of the people do not decide what goes through, just who gets elected, and then those officials force everyone into their decisions, no matter how immoral, how unconstitutional, or how negative those things are.

Do you believe in forcing people to do things they dont agree with? If you dont, then you shouldnt believe in a political system that does precisely that.

12. I think we are agreed.  We vote about who gets in, and who gets in changes laws.  So how many of us vote or even follow politics?  I'm not one of them.

13. #53 Mr Haha Jones, Feb 5, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 5, 2014
    Either:

A) They do, and are totally incompetent.

B  ) They don't, and are just toying around.

Either way.... :confused_2: