Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Do police have drug check points at Colorado border?

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by SlayerWezz, Jan 29, 2017.

1. A buddy and I are going to be visiting Colorado and want to bring a little bud back with us to Wisconsin. We decided we would drive with it in the trunk, not smoke in the car or drive under the influence, seat belts, no speeding, turn signals etc. All that being said, is it true police set up check points with drug dogs? Isn't that illegal to do?

• Like Like x 1
  2. They have checkpoints but you just drive to it, stop and they wave you through.

Unless you look highly suspect they probably won't stop you.

I been through many many states and never have been checked.

I did a camping trip through nevada, utah, Arizona and Colorado.

3. Keep in mind a lot of these checkpoint aren't even drug checkpoints but rather fruit & vegetable checkpoints as to keep invasive species around (mainly in California)

4. Well last July as I was Wyoming bound by way of Denver, I had some bud from the dispensary.

None were at the rest stop near the boarder, none were at the boarder, and really, I didn't see any at all.

Police officers and State Troopers have a lot better things to be doing than busting some people with small amounts of weed.

Don't want to be pulled over? Don't drive like a jackass. The simple things like oh... IDK... Going the speed limit, wearing your seatbelt, using your turn signals, etc. are almost ALWAYS the reasons people get pulled over.

Every time I've read stories about those guys trafficking hundreds of pounds marijuana from one place to another getting caught, they were either speeding, ran a stop sign, violating some very minor traffic law.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Make sure your license and sticker isnt expired and check your lights before you take off. Maybe get some spares in case one goes out?

Look up the law, they likely have no legal basis to hold you at a checkpoint even if there is one.

Always learn the law

• Like Like x 1
  6. Yeah, OP. It's just like nazi germany now. Border crossings should be done only at night and on foot.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Gee, I missed the story about state troopers engaged in genocide that will result in the extermination of 6 million Jews. Alas. given the limited intellectual skills that you so proudly demonstrated in your post, I seriously doubt that there is any possibility of you gaining any measure of perspective. One more time ---real simple: Third Reich - KILL 6 MILLION JEWS; state troopers = cops you don't like.

• Disagree Disagree x 2
  8. You bumped a thread to talk about Jews?? Really????? God damn Billy.

• Like Like x 2
  9. No, they do not have any checkpoints at the Colorado Border. Yes, doing that is illegal. However, it isnt illegal to put up a sign saying there is a drug checkpoint. This I have witnessed personally in Kansas when traveling back east. They have a sign, conveniently placed before an exit that says drug check point ahead. Instead of actually setting up a checkpoint, they place cars on the interstate between the sign and exit and place cars just off of the exit. When people buy the bullshit sign, they either throw the drugs out where the cops can see it or get pulled over if they look suspicious for whatever reason the officer can make up in order to get to a point to claim reasonable suspicion and search the vehicle. If you just drive right through and ignore the sign they dont screw with you. Well unless you are doing something stupid or looking very suspicious, which will get you pulled over anywhere.

10. I think you must've been too busy out social justice warrioring to learn what sarcasm is, Billy. It's in the dictionary, look it up and make your life easier.

• Funny Funny x 1
  11. I was just in Denver last weekend. I brought home some souvenirs and I had no trouble at all. Sure I seen a few cops with speeders pulled over. Nothing to worry about. Just drive sensible.

• Like Like x 1