Do plants need drainage?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by daniele420, Jul 14, 2017.

1. I am about 2 weeks into veg and have never put any sorta drainage holes into my pots. I water only as needed in minimal amounts so there is really never any noticeable sitting water. Should i add some holes into the pot? I heard root rot could be an issue but i don't keep the soil as moist.

2. YES THEY NEED TO DRAIN..make holes asap ..change that water in there before it logs your roots and droops tour plant.

GFP

Sent from my SM-G600FY using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Unless you're growing swamp plants, they want drainage holes. Even if you don't think it's a problem, it's not going to hurt anything if you're right, and it might save you if you're wrong.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Yes you need really good drainage where if you filled the pot with water it would drain out 10-30% this should be a no brainier all plants need some drainage homie

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  5. Yes is the only answer. You do need drainage. There are many varying answers to many questions but on this there's only one. If there's no drainage water will collect at the bottom of the pots and it WILL rot your roots. Your plants might seem fine for now and the top, even the top half, of your soil might seem, even read, dry. But it won't be. Make holes in the bottom of your pits ASAP!

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

6. Yes, you definitely need some drainage. I would poke holes in them right away!

Sent from my LG-D801 using Tapatalk

7. I drilled a hundred holes in my buckets. Bottom and sides. That way my roots get more oxygen and will never drown.

Sent from my LG-D801 using Tapatalk

8. I have no holes in my container... But I'm growing hydro.. ;)

9. Lol. There's always 1

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Switch to fabric pots problem solved

Sent from my Z981 using Tapatalk

11. So tell.me how you got the name ebandflow IF THERE WAS NEVER any flow...just eb? (ebb) GFP

Sent from my SM-G600FY using Tapatalk