do pets have dreams?

Discussion in 'Pets' started by Exodus2011, Dec 26, 2011.

1. scooby doo is next to me sleeping and he is like making weird whining noises and shit.

this is kinda weird lol

and by scooby doo i mean he is a great dane

is he having a bad dream or something?

2. lol yes they dream.. it's soo funny watching them while they're dreamin about chasing something and start sleep running.

3. yeah dude, you've never seen that before? I've seen my dog laying on her side barking and moving her legs like she was running while sleeping before shit is funny.. Especially when they wake themselves up with it and look around trying to figure out wtf is going on..

4. My dogs dreams seem to be quite vivid, some times i wonder if the bone is chasing her...

5. Haha yeah they dream dude. They dream about chasing cats and what not.

6. lmao i see. lol at the bone chasing the dog

big fucking dog, this guy gets scared so easily tho haha, its weird

7. ill let you know after i ask my dog...:smoke:

8. You ever see the obe video withh thw dogg sleeping on its side and its dreaming about chasing something and in its sleep its barking and movin its legs idk he gets up like sleepwalking and sprints inti the wall...then he like wtf just happend lol

9. My old dog used to pass gas when she was sleeping, wake up spin around and growl lol She was s smart dog but with some things not to smart.. Even when she passed gas while awake she would bug out, but when awake would just run away with ears back and tail between legs ;)

10. yeah definitely. even my ferret has dreams and her brain is a fraction of the size of a dog's brain. sometimes when she's sleeping you can see her arms and legs twitch like she's running. her ears twitch too which is funny lol

11. If the brain makes DMT, they can dream.

12. Of course they do,my dogs 'sleep run' and 'sleep bark' all the time....it's adorable :)

13. [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UqrhZW9xIrY]Running Dog - YouTube[/ame]

14. you could tell that dog felt like an idiot after he did it. hahaha. i love that video

15. My dog growls and has puppy seizures in her sleep

16. As well as the sounds they make, you can also see that they're in R.E.M mode too.
    Not too sure about cats...they don't seem to exhibit as much of the physical indicators that dogs do. Though it would be unlikely that they wouldn't dream.

What I want to know is, while I have heard that foetus's dream, what do they dream of?
    Goop? Muffled sounds?

17. My dog barks, runs and yelps in her sleep , i always wake her up and pet her until she falls asleep , just incase its a bad dream . You know like the cat is eating her food , or her bone gets taken by another dog the usual :D

18. I just asked my Pitbull he said yes he has horrible dreams of Michael Vick chasing him!

19. [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=grEypMDqvTE]Dog runs into Wall - YouTube[/ame]