Do percs make a real difference? Are they worth it?

Discussion in 'Bongs, Dab Rigs, Bubblers, Water Pipes' started by Nick:, Jun 8, 2020.

1. I’m looking into buying a new bong. Most likely a 16-18in (I would want bigger however I’ve had a 17in before and I feel like anything bigger than a 18in becomes impractical.) Anyways, I’m not trying to spend any more than $100 for the bong. I have already found a few of that size and price range however they have no percs. The previous 17in I had, had percs (however I’m pretty sure it was china glass due to the price) and although that bong never broke/ had problems I know American glass is far better and I want to treat myself. I’ve hit/ had bongs of all sizes with and without percs, but that 17 In with percs was the largest I’ve hit. Basically I wanna know, would a 16-18in non perc bong be harsh asffffff. Or do percs make no real difference? What is better, a large bong with no percs or a smaller bong with a perc?

thanks.

2. lol........to each their own.;):passing-joint:

As far as the "piece" itself you use..........yeah, I personally think percs make a difference......but with good weed......a one hitter to the dome will taste fine....

The "harshness" comes from the weed itself, IMO...........cooling it down and dispersing it with a perc never hurts though.

3. Mine only has a honeycomb perc so it’s closest so a non perc bong as far as smoothness . Yes depends on the weed flavor and grade more so .
    Less perch easier cleaning is !!

4. I've seen a lot of people rocking bongs with ashcatcher percs connected to the downstems, would definitely be the way to go in my opinion.

Honestly, additional perc would also keep you from having to clean your main piece less.

5. I got buddies who literally only use ceramic bongs. I don’t fucking know why but they do.

I have several bongs. Dozens.

Currently the two bongs I have in rotation right now are your simple 1ft straight shooters. Been this way for like 8 months. No percs just the downstem. One beaker the other just strsight straight shooter.

I got over all the extra cleaning and stacking water with the other bongs.

When I want to really smoke a grinded gram to the dome i bring out the other players who have more percs and drag and chambers.

Really depends what you want to do.

If it wasn’t a pain in the ass to clean I’d probably use honeycome percs as my go to

6. I really don't get the mentality of American glass being much "better" like I can spend 100 or easily 200 on American or like 30-50 max on a piece that's as far as I can tell basically the same. I get paying more for an artistic beautifully done piece but if it's like clear scientific glass I know I can get good stuff for cheap from China.

That being said I have a double matrix perc bong and it's nice and smooth. Percs do help smoothen out the smoke. So yeah they make a difference. But do you need them, no ofc not. Bongs with no percs are easier to clean so that's an advantage at the cost of being less smooth.

7. #7 Ultramaxx, Jun 29, 2020
    Last edited: Jun 29, 2020
    Links please to these affordable sites ? Amazing so Perc do help ?
    I cannot seem to clean under my honey comb perc

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

8. Dhgate has great deals on bongs and the quality can be quite good if u know what to look for. As for cleaning: use a generous amount iso and salt, make sure it gets in the perc, plug anywhere the iso could escape with paper towel and shake (be careful not to drop it).