Do people show up to class in pajamas?

Discussion in 'General' started by themeatsandcheeses, Feb 3, 2014.

Ohhh yoga pants, it's quite hard to be a 26 year old TA and have a class full of cute 17-18 year old female nursing students taking Chem 1. When I go though the syllabus on day 1 and we do "Lab Dress Code" section I even recomend that yoga pants are a very acceptable alternative to any kind of sloppy fitting PJs these days.  Still seems like I am talking to a wall some days when they show up in booty shorts and flips-flops when working with strong acids/bases 

2. Sometimes in college. Most students care about looking nice tho.

3. no probably about it for me...just a straight up no

it is pathetic and down right retarded that people are too fucking lazy to get dressed when they walk out their door

it's as bad as these stupid little asswipe kids who don't know what a belt is or how to use one..

4. I show up with trackies sometimes during winter....

5. saw a lot in middle and high school but never in community college

6. I never understood the appeal. In 24 years of being on this earth the furthest out my door I go in sweatpants is the garbage cans.

Show a little pride and wear pants?

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

7. I actually saw someone standing on the side of the road wearing pajamas today and it made me think of this thread

8. what the fuck why would they wear pajamas thats so fucked up and youre all acting like its normal

9. i dont see why people bitch and whine about the way other people are even though them people dont effect them in any way...why is it that humans like too think they know how too live better then others...shit whats the point of free will when u gotta conform too whats normal..what the fuckin normies think is normal..i would smack a motherfucker telling me shit for the way i dressed..

10. #50 Nerd139, Feb 4, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 4, 2014
    My mom was talking to my uncle about people in pajamas and their problem wasnt so much hey wore pajamas but that they figured they'd go home and sleep in the same clothes and they said that was disgusting.

Though they did complain about not dressing nice when youre out and about

11. because being comfortable is more comfortable.

/thread

12. not at a small liberal arts college, pajamas, yoga pants, and sweatpants fer daaaaays.

Should have spent more time working on your reading comprehension than being comfortable.  

I teach a LAB class, dress code is required and listed in the syllabus, thus you show up in unacceptable clothes you have to go.  Comfort means absolutely nothing when university policy and safety regulations are in effect, if you want to lounge around in open toe shoes and short pants of any kind don't take sciences.  Other than that I could give a fuck what you wear

14. wasnt aloud at highschool but yea ppl do it at college 

15. Get a really corrosive chemical or something that will just burn skin and when those girls walk in uncovered just stare at the class a bit and then pour the chemical on something and be like "This is what we'll be working with. Good luck working in those shorts ladies. You'll need it. Hahahaha"

(Might be more effective with a new batch of students though since the ones you have already know what they are working with)

16. Well I don't wear pajamas to go to class (College) but at the same time I don't dress up or try to look nice haha. I go to college for one thing, to learn, and I find that I learn better when I am not concerned about how I look in class. Sometimes I try to look decent, but not usually.

I had this awesome Englsih teacher for my honors classes who would cuss people out in Turkish (scarier than it sounds) if they came in late but looked good. Her philosophy was that if you are late for class because you tried to look nice then you maybe if you just put on pajamas and left then you wouldn't be late.

I took some lab classes that were cool. surveying and soil mechanics for construction. one was running around on campus and one was testing dirt and doing sieve annalist. CAD was a lab class that was a free for all. Machine shop and welding had common sense dress codes like you are talking about..

18. Shows no class going to school in pajamas and slippers.. if people are that tired and lazy skip class and sleep. It is not attractive at all if you are interested in the opposite sex. It is almost a respect thing with teachers. It pretty much shows no respect becaus you look like your not with it and that you just rolled out of bed, and they dont have your attention.

19. #59 BurnAFewDown, Feb 6, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 6, 2014
    Hmmm well I went to 2 labs a week for 3 years and was fine wearing whatever I wanted. I agree with the open toe shoe policy which is why I didnt wear them, but really there is no difference between jeans and sweatpants or pajamas in terms of protection, its all the result of social stigma. And if your going to take that as disrespect when I was doing better than 80% of the class and finishing labs before everyone else, then thats your problem not mine

20. Yeah, especially during exams.