Do people only buy RooR bongs for the name?

Discussion in 'Bongs, Dab Rigs, Bubblers, Water Pipes' started by Brother Cannabis, Jan 4, 2014.

1. I would think that the upped price of a RooR bong is only because of its name. A roor looks just like any other bong structurally and rips just like any other bong...

2. Yes and no. I mean, the name only became good because it was associated with a stellar product to begin with, not the other way around.

Same goes for anything really.

3. I won't buy one because it's a Roor. it's the whole stigma attached to it that I don't like. then if you get a legit one, someones always gonna be saying it's fake or some bullshit.  so I never bothered.

4. Hits just as good as any other piece without a big gay label on it.

5. Yeah I'm fine wi

That's what I'm sayin' man it's just like any other bong. which is why I have yet to buy one

6. Yea....I could care less was the name says as long as I get HIGH after I hit dat hoe.....cuz at the end of the day that shit can BREAK like any other bong

7. @[member="st8nr"] yea man

8. marketing.

9. Because blowing glass in Germany is extremely expensive.

10. #10 htxbtc, Jan 5, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 5, 2014
    It's just like buying a Ferrari because it's a Ferrari...

The glass is still quality, though expensive.

I actually used a RooR for the first time a few weeks ago. Bulb base, otherwise straight tube with ice stoppers. Glass was pretty thick. The bong itself had to be at least 2 feet tall if not more.... It was pretty heavy honestly. Held a lot of water because of it's size.

One hit from it practically ripped my face off. It held a lot of smoke.

Unfortunately, my friend ended up tipping it over (not surprising giving how damn tall it was) on carpet and the sheer weight of the bong shattered the joint.

Would I buy one ? Not brand new. Second hand maybe.

11. For every real one you see there are 5 fakes, even shops that have official roor vendor stickers on their doors sell fake ones. It's easy to tell though, all you have to do is lift one up. If you're surprised at how light it is it's fake if you're surprised at how heavy it is it's real

12. Seems like it. Everyone is about the name brand.. this isn't just with bongs.

13. do people buy nikes/jordans just for the name?  duh western culture is retarded.  

RooR was really good, pretty much credited for glass on glass in the bong world id say.  the bootleg problem has ruined their name (along with some capitalistic greed on their part im sure)