Do people not like me? Not sure what to do... Anxiety... PLEASE help.

Discussion in 'General' started by SmokerToker311, Jan 6, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. #1 SmokerToker311, Jan 6, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 6, 2015
  2. There is too much to put into a tldr.. I just really hope someone will read this and help me because I really need it.

3. That's a lot to read lol

Sent from my SM-T210 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

4. Someone please take the time to read through this I don't know where else to go...

5. You gotta be 18 to be on the forum bro.

6. With that said, you need to realize something.  You're in high school.  If you dream about yourself staying in your town all your life and knowing the same people, doing the same things etc etc, then ignore this advice.  Otherwise, stop taking yourself so seriously, stop asking for permission and just let go and have fun.  Embarrass yourself and don't give a shit - that's what adult do, they make mistakes and they don't dwell on them.

If you're serious about killing yourself because of how you feel, you need to talk to your parents - and no it's not lame.  But, the number one solution to most problems, is to get a new perspective.  Just take it easy man and do what you want not what you think everyone wants you to do.

7. Thanks. Do you think I'm over reacting though? Like do you think these people feel the way I think they feel about me or am I just blowing it out of proportion...

8. bro! you really need to learn to condense what you're saying so people won't get too tired of reading it too help..I TRIED but I just couldn't get through it....

My point is, it doesn't matter!  Who gives a shit what they think - they're KIDS!  As old as you're heart my feel you got a lot of life left, bro.  How it turns out is totally up to you.  You're overreacting only because you care. 

The greatest understanding you can ever have is the one that allows you to function as you feel and think; without care to how others perceive you.  Since you're under age, I can't comment on your story and no one on here can.  But, know that wanting people to like you is a very human thing - but be who you are as best you can in the moment you live and you'll truly find people who like you for you.

10. I get what you are saying but the thing is... I do care what they think. I care so much and I can't help it. If you can't comment on my story could we talk elsewhere?

You know the answer, what you want us to do is give you a solution that doesn't entail confrontation on your part.  Being smooth is all about knowing how to say something others resort to saying with their fists, mean words, sarcasm or all out avoidance. 

People who take advantage of you are most often also the people who make you feel cool, welcomed or as if you're their friend.  Most people in high school have very few real friends.  Learn how to tell people no - learn how to turn down an invitation without looking rude or dejected, learn how to tag along and then make everyone feel like you're the person they followed out. 

I'm extremely good at all of the above - because I've practiced, because I learned from my mistakes and have allowed myself to be me.  You know when you're being taken advantage of, you know when someone really wants you around and you know when someone is trying to give you a hint - you just gotta learn, as I said before, to not give a shit if someone doesn't want you around.  Maybe you shouldn't want them around? 

The question you need to be asking yourself is why?  Why these people, why is it so important to have their approval?  Think on it.

12. Look in the mirror and fall in love. If you put too much dependency in people, they will fail you and you will become a bitter carmugeonus bastard like me. Don't do that to yourself. Learn to live in your own skin. People will let you down.

Now excuse me while i report you for being underaged....

13. Thank you for the help man. I appreciate it a lot.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.