Do people have genuine love anymore?

Discussion in 'Philosophy' started by highfive24, Jan 10, 2013.

1. She means as a whole...don't believe me? Have you seen facebook

2. People are selfish. Humans are selfish.

3. Your selfish

4. My stomach is selfish.
    I love knitting. Love it. The world is ending and you have a baby who needs a warm blanket? Coming right up!

5. THIS. It actually made me tear up a lil bit. Props on your honest, and fucking accurate, summary of genuine love.

6. The real question should be...why do people decide to not love anymore?

7. Because everybody is so gotdamn selfish now

8. "Now" in comparison to when?

Im thinking its just easier to view/compare what you think to be "selfishness" in today's world. :smoking:

9. Because ppl are living in fear.....fuck the government, and fuck you.

Much love:hide::eek:

10. its my generation.. Im 24.. Most of my friends way of livin is "fuck yo feelings" "kill yo self" "imma do me" just plain selfishness..not caring bout other ppl feelings

11. Seriously though, genuine love will never die. I feel, that's what makes us live.

12. [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cEJ8CzAD4TE&feature=youtube_gdata_player[/ame]

13. What about the person saying thats feelings?

Mabye they feel like that is what they should do? Now who's not caring about other peoples feelings?

14. [quote name='"MadeInJapan"']

its my generation.. Im 24.. Most of my friends way of livin is "fuck yo feelings" "kill yo self" "imma do me" just plain selfishness..not caring bout other ppl feelings[/quote]

Just Gonna say this real fast, there are people other than you and your friends in this generation, including me. Have you been to every city and met every person in "this generation" because I know I haven't. I would never be friends with someone selfish. If you choose to be close minded and see the worst in people or befriend those people then be my guest but don't label a generation based on "Most of YOUR friends".

15. Hahaha. Oh ignorance is bliss.

16. I.don't have any.problem.loving di.you?

17. Agreed but its just because frankly the generation before us believed the same thing...remember our parent raised us in the ninetees so we grew up in the middle of what I like to call the whatever generation. Understanding the grounds for the reason I our most of my friends and loved ones grew up was one of the most eye opening realizations I've ever had. My point to cut this short is that because we are armed with the knowledge of the past we should be able to produce a better more educated future...I mean we've made it easy enough with the advent of the internet and the advances in science and education in the last 12 to 20 years to make sure our kids won't have to get distracted by simpleton shit in the same way our parents did. We grew up grinding for our kids to grow up smoothly...see what I mean...this annoys me because still...we have honey boo boo child

18. Yeah I think positivity is key, but u can't simply look the other way when major world problems are happening all around us. There is more hate now then ever. I wish it was different but I all one can do is spread love.

19. Well I can only go off what I know n they ppl Im around.. I live in cali.. We probably do things a lot different then where ever u are.. But this is a day in age.. It doeant really matter.. If I wanna meet someone in washington I can do that via facebook..twitter..whatever.. N wit that bein said..i can say I met a few ppl my age all around the world n the ones I have talked to.. MOST of them are sayin those things n thinks its cool.. But u right I dont know everybody in my generation.. But thats just my opinion on why there aint love.. Sorry u dont agree..can we agree there aint no genuine love no more..