do pain killers show up on drug tests?

Discussion in 'General' started by iryad, Mar 1, 2008.

1. i have to stay clean for my court date, and I was wondering if pain killers will show up in my piss test. anyone know?

what about shrooms??

2. Here I found this information on another website...

"Many over-the-counter and prescription drugs can cause positive results on a drug test. Whether or not any particular painkiller will result in a positive test depends entirely on what the active ingredients in the painkiller are.

Many prescription pain killers contain opiates. Many opiates are detected in the standard drug tests, so morphine or codeine, for example, would likely result in a positive opiates test. Other opiate pain killers are not detected with the standard opiate tests. Oxycodone, for instance, is detected with a standard opiate drug screen (used as the first pass test on urine), but will not be detected by the confirmation tests done by GC/MS. This is because the GC/MS test for opiates looks for morphine and codeine which many opiates break down into. Oxycodone does not break down into morphine or codeine and so is not detected

Other pain killers contain acetaminophen. While acetaminophen is not illegal, nor tested for in drug tests, heavy levels can cause a false positive for cannabis. This is relatively unlikely."

as for shrooms I'm 99% sure they won't test you for it or if they even can (not 100% you can even be tested for it but I think its a completely different test like you would take a spinal tap for LSD) But I don't think you will be tested for shrooms even if its possible. My friend whose on probation occasionally will do shrooms time from time while on probo.

3. Most pain killers show up in any drug test.

4. ugh... that sucks. :(

5. perscription pain killers will but they usually leave your system within a week....usually about three days.....so if youve got like 2 weeks till your court date then you can definatly use a couple and youll be fine.

6. Be careful with acetaminophen

7. They won't be looking for shrooms unless you got caught with them.

8. Search on google for drug testing stuff. When I had to take one I did a search and found a whole list of things and how long they stay in your system and all of that good stuff.