Do not watch tv

Discussion in 'General' started by Buzzwell420, Jan 13, 2009.

1. yeah heard me

much more on there then what you see and here

and alot of it is just scandal and drama.

the computers not so great either but i cant say get off untill i do :).

see you guys later

2. I've learned to watch TV for what it is, I'm not fooled by any of that 'look at me' bullshit you see on there daily...

I love my Family Guy though.

3. I watch all my tv shows online these days....

4. Would you say cops is a sellout? I mean U must have been watching TV before you decided to say this; judging the move of your 4th line, and this being the first time you are telling us, I presume?

5. haha... yeah TV entertainment has been taken way too far in some cases. Can I still watch my TV when it plays movies though? :D

6. i feel watching to many tv shows and movies destroys creativity, but i am attracted to certain shows, all of which i hear about online and watch online if needed...

my family is actually planning on getting cable again for the first time in years now..
    im against it, but it is easy access to some movies and some shows i like...
    which only includes fantasy shows like robin hood, the bbc merlin series, and like someone else said, family guy and some decent humor in general...

man oh man...i am a walking contradiction...

7. #7 Jaded, Jan 14, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 14, 2009
    yeah... i'm going to go ahead and do what i want to do.
    but thanks anyway. ;)

tv only 'pollutes your mind' if you allow it to, me thinks.
    barely watch any tv these days, though.
    falling behind in all my shows i usually watch, too.. never remember.
    think that's a result of too much gc. :p

8. meh, still it certainly replaces your subconsious visual imagination with movie images and such when being faced with a similar situation...hence kills creativity.

9. Fuck that good sir.

Do not watch TV IIIFFFF you're a kid.

And in that case, only SpongeBob.

I watch House and [adult swim] (not half as often as I used to on the latter,) but if the TV is on, there's a 90% chance it's on Discovery, Nat Geo, or History.

Not saying I'm a college major in anthropology, but at least you kind of learn some cool shit...

10. The majority of TV is bad but I only enjoy watching good shows like man vs. wild, thats 70s show, family guy etc.

11. Bill Hicks once said "watching T.V is like taking a fucking can of black spray paint to your third eye"

i dont see how t.v. is more interesting than looking out the window or going for a walk.

except for Law and Order that show is the bomb:rolleyes:

12. Cops, my *****.

Cops.

13. i love tv

14. buzzwell i never see you around the boards anymore........but when you do pop in youre always dropping some solid knowledge on our asses.....tv is definatly bad i think its causing me to go slighty insane....or at least adding to me driving myself insane.......

15. that stuffs usually pretty cool, especially when something of my own personal interest is on, but that would be or should be obvious...

awesome quote, and a bit ironic...hes been on tv alot, lol.

16. Source?

17. ugh, you people...always needing a "credible" source to believe something.
    try observing the way your own mind works and the peoples around you. youll catch on...

is it not possible to learn from your own experience anymore?

18. tv is a mindless distraction

unless your watching the news i guess i dunno :confused:

19. That's just it

Your own experiences can't be extrapolated onto the whole

Which is the point I think this whole thread misses

20. experience is a trap......

the news is probibly the last thing you want to watch