Do Not Get The New Medical Cannabis Strain M80?

Discussion in 'Marijuana News' started by drummerben04, Aug 27, 2014.

1. #81 Secret Jardin, Oct 16, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 16, 2014
    What i am referring to is the genetic selection used in the long, slow development of many crops such as wheat, which originally began as a grass but was shaped generation after generation through the selection of larger seeds, ultimately leading to modern-day wheat.

This stands in stark contrast to genetic engineering, which is the artificial inserting of genetic code (often from animal species, by the way) into the DNA of a plant. This is a completely artificial, interventionist "engineering" of the DNA of a plant that wildly differs from mere genetic "selection."

There is nothing specific to counter, you are just making vague comments with nothing backing it up.

Why are you are attempting to confuse people with these terms by insinuating that lots of foods are genetically modified, thereby blurring the distinction between genetic selection versus genetic engineering. I've even heard top-level scientists attempt to use this false argument, hoping that no one will notice.

The simple truth is that genetic selection works in harmony with natural processes of gene variation within a species. If you grow corn, and you save the seeds from your best-tasting corn to plant the next generation of corn, you are engaged in genetic selection. This is natural.

But the GMO industry doesn't even want you to be able to save your seeds from one generation to the next. They use "terminator" technology in the seeds to ensure that the second generation of seeds is non-viable. That alone is a crime against humanity because it forces a seed monopoly upon farmers and consumers in developing nations and first-world nations. This is why any individual or organization that is in favor of seed-termination technology in GMOs is supporting a crime against nature.

You are attempting to blatantly confuse people over the difference between genetic selection versus genetic engineering. None of the biotech GMOs are created through selection processes alone. They all are based on artificial genetic engineering!

2. How can I be confusing anyone when I'm not making any of the claims you keep spouting? I'm just commending on the ignorance I saw is all.

3. #83 Secret Jardin, Oct 16, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 16, 2014
    Play stupid all you want, you know what you meant in your original attack, I've had the same discussion with other GMO advocates, and you're statment that you don't think i even know what GMO is, was one of the first things they would use in an attempt to discredit the facts and sway others to believe there's no harm in GMO, every one of these individuals stood to gain financially from GMO production, knowing full well both the health and economical risks involved.

4. :rolleyes:

5. pollinating a female plant with a male plant isnt the same as useng a viral load to seed in a specfic gene from a completely different organism....then again not every grower out there has labs like monsanto,hell the doors and locks they have prob cost more then most growers operation..

6. I agree totally with drummerben04..Big Pham and Monsanto evil bed partners in deed..Tommy Chong in an interview spoke about the dangers of big private companies trying to monopolize the cannabis business and we all can see what that has gotten us..sicker..poorer and fatter..no thanks Free up the Weed !

7. Pharmacy is not teaming up with Monsanto. And sicker poorer and fatter wtf does that have to do with anything? Are you honestly claiming gmo's are the cause of any of that?

8. I would never buy that garbage. I don't know how true this is but I've heard monsanto was working on medical marijuana and that is bad news. BOYCOTT MONSANTO!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

9. No, thank you. I will stick to smoking some good old homemade weed. I don't think anyone in their right mind would smoke GMO Cannabis.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

10. is that the tourettes guy as your avatar? lmao

And personally I don't like GMO's because i don't think man should intervene on what mother natures up to. It's good we know how to do it, doesn't mean we have to. Personally I don't even buy soy products anymore because even the organic shit is grown with GMO's most the time. Not like they can help it really.. only seeds they can get a hold of. Aren't big corporations supposed to be charged when they monopolize a commodity? Isn't that sort of ohh i dont know... Illegal? But then again they can just pay their way out of legal trouble... Must be nice lol

11. Thats a pretty good strain name IMO but best to avoid

12. We've been intervening with mother nature for tens of thousands of years. Selective breeding is a form of genetic modification, and it's given us delicious apples and dogs.

13. #93 BloodBooger, Nov 27, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 27, 2014
    At the moment there is not much wrong with cannabis, cannabis production ,seeds or any other aspect of marijuana besides a predeliction for some srains to be affected by fungal growth that we as growers dont have quite a good handle on without the Monsanto Coorporation buttting in. Monsanto is a huge Corporation that is in agribusiness forthe money...they could give a good goddamn about the culture or crop except in the ways they can make money from it. Take corn for instance, they control the seed now so that a farmer cannot legally save his best seed from his crop to make another crop...they are forced to repurchase seed for every crop. I have heard rumors of certain seedbanks or seed producers looking into doing the same with some of their highly valuable strains but this is probably just rumor..not so with Monsanto it is an established fact that this is exactly what they not only do, but achieve legislatively through heavy donations to the Political class. NOW is the time to make your own seeds, share with friends and bank for the future...it WILL happen..if it can happen with corn for gods sake it sure as hell will happen with a crop that 50 to 60 percent of the population feels is frivilous..at least until the medical properties are properly studied and documented.

14. Finally some weed that can be more precise in growing and even a newb can grow. Probably will taste better and be stroonger. This anti=Monsanto stuff is a hoot.

15. you will be smoking lab made ox bull toe nails or spliced on coyote semen glands in your wacky tobaky. gotta love man today, give em a lab and watch em produce!

16. It's unlikely anyone would invest money in any of that to sell a shit product. Sounds like some good ol gmo fear mongering though. Easy way to attack your opposing stance when you can't actually support it.

17. Nothing to do with the canadian strain "m-39"? Been smoking a bit of that recently, some really nice smoke!

18. Corporate operations 101. Fill pockets with cash.
    They will be looking and scheming millions of ways to produce an acceptable product at minimum cost. Instead of genetic modification maybe they'll find some barely legal chemical that will yield more bud and at a faster rate.
    I for one will never purchase commercial mmj. Compare apples from Walmart and apples from a farm.... Same premiss with weed. It'll be ten times better from a farm rather then a warehouse

19. hey bro I am about as open minded as they come in this form but know when to not support something. the thought of it all is fascinating and intriguing but the implication of it is to soon IMO for our level of understanding. guess we have to start somewhere right?? Who will be next in line to smoke cannabis coyote semen trichomes that burst with JOY giving off that out west feel of open space and non confined comfort??