Do not drink and drive (Not a sap story)

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by dropinbiking, Sep 21, 2019.

1. Sup folks. Just a reminder not to drink and drive. I usually get wordy but I'll keep it short and sweet.

License a little late than most, wasn't in a huge hurry despite my big interest in cars (Already in the trade)

Drove some beaters that my parents and family owned respectfully and as a run around when I wanted to go out.

Bought my first car, a 92 Acura Integra. Spend a good year working on it and got it buttoned for the road right after my birthday, she moved good for just a suspension and brake upgrade, stock 5 speed car.

Got all risky and ballsy doing dumb late night pulls and back road runs with the tunes pumped (2 10") all drunk

Luck caught up with me, wrapped my car around a tree doing about 50km/h on impact

Got a DUI, about 2k to spend within the first couple weeks. Spent another 3k a couple months later. Went a year without a license

Grew a phobia to driving in general, had recurring dreams about crashing a car I was driving, brakes failing, getting into a winter crash, all this bad stuff, but NOTHING about racing or me being a dick

Still have phobia, managable, but getting my "project car" ready for the track. I feel good about getting out on a private track, I guess I just can't (after a couple years) trust myself to bomb the streets without being a dick and hooning. This lack of self confidence has really slowed progress on this thing

Lost a lot of friends and respect from people in the process, got labeled as a shit head, yadda yadda yadda

/ End sap

Here's some pics of the before and after

GEDC1543.JPG

IMG_1022.JPG

And the new project (Same car, one year older)

IMG_0964.JPG

• Winner Winner x 1
  2. I’ve been plowed into by drunk drivers 3 different times & now have plates ,screws & mesh patches holding me together. Hope you get over your phobia.

• Like Like x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. I've got one displaced rib, a couple nice scars, thankfully nothing major, and thankfully nobody involved. I look back and dream about stuff like that too, but I just know that I had the risk of that happening, but that's all behind me. Now I know that I'll never be in the position to put others at risk like that.

Not to try to bluff my way out of things but I've heard of some really crazy DD stories, and it might just be where I live, but I was bombing roads that might see 3-4 cars a DAY, there is a time and a place for everything. I really feel for any family caught up in some dumb shit involving other motorists :(

4. I bet we've all been a cunt at some point.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  5. The track is the place to take it. Speed limits and all the other road laws in the US + all the road pirates make owning a fast car seem like an awful case of either taking big legal risks or having major blue balls unless you can go to the track. You heard about the law in CA where they'll give people a $1000 ticket for an exhaust that's too loud? It's not even that loud too that they'll give it, tons of stock cars are over the db limit. And it's at the discretion of the cop I think.

Between idiot drivers, worrying about cops fucking with me, shitty roads, suicidal deer and whatever else kinda makes me have a love hate thing with driving now.

• Like Like x 1
  6. ..thankfully I survived the ghastly motorcycle accident....mind as well toke some..or toke a lot be aight..

7. Don't drink n drive, mmmk ?
    Almost 11 months and I'm still not fixed.
    Worst decision of my life. Screenshot_20191009-194005.jpg

Sent from my A574BL using Grasscity Forum mobile app

8. My brother would have four dwi’s, but he called me one night and I got to him before the cops decided to take him. They were kind of enough to let me take him
    Home. When he got his third dwi, they wanted to give him 10 years in the pen. He got lucky, kind of, and did 10 years probation.

9. I used to drink and drive all the time...

I never would drive if I was absolutely oblierated tho.. but still doesn't make it right

Then one night.. it was about a nonth after my 21st birthday I had about 6 maybe 7 beers at my buddies. We were watching baseball..

Anyways.. I was driving home and got pulled over right around the corner from my house...

It was humiating.. I could literally see my house from where I got pulled over.

Never got a DUI tho..my BAC was relatively low.. I think I blew a .12 .. had one of the best lawyers in the entire state. Got charged with reckless driving instead.

Nevertheless..I learned a huge lesson. I dont drive if I have more than one.

10. I have no sympathy for OP/anyone else if you decide to try & drive while under the influence you deserve to be wrapped round a tree/lamp post ect.. there's literally no reason to drive while intoxicated.. just get a taxi/uber or walk :confused_2:

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. There's actually some countries where you get 25 to life or even the death penalty for drinking and driving..

Idk what it's like in the UK but here in the US it so so lenient... I know people who have gotten 7 or 8 DUIs and they still have their liscense...

12. It's harsh my friend got an 18 month ban & a fine after having 1 brew:laughing:,he wasn't driving some 1 hit his motor then he just had the keys in to see if his car still worked:confused_2: & police got the breathalyser out:bolt:

It's a bs thing to be charged for especially when he wasn't driving :laughing:

13. Yeah, all done it driving down the motorway with a pint in your hand! Not big, not clever!
    Lessons learned.

14. UK is quite harsh mate - If you blow over 35 (limit) you get an automatic 12 month (min) ban - Points and sometimes a fine too! I blew 90 and got 24 months ban / 6 points and a £1000 fine !
    My own fault though!

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. I would never like actually drink while driving...

I meant driving after drinking

16. Ah, that's no fun bro :) If your gonna do it, do it properly :)!
    Or better advice - Just don't do it!!

17. Yeah I have no idea what that means..

We use a different system here for everything

18. Agreed that was over 3 years ago tho

I have grown up a lot.

Got a big boy job and two kids

• Winner Winner x 1
  19. as long as you learned from it, then you should be straight. I got a DUI before. lost license for a year and had to thug it out til I got it back. between the assessment, community service, lawyer fees, court fees, re instating car insurance, getting my license back, I'd say that fuck up costed me almost 10 grand. learned my lesson though. as a result, I haven't had a drop of alcohol since.

if I never got that dui, i'd probably still be drinking and driving. sometimes you gotta hit rock bottom before you realize that something has to change.

• Agree Agree x 1