Do not consent to a search.

Discussion in 'Security' started by WeeDroid, Mar 29, 2012.

1. Really? Why don't you elaborate on that?

2. I dont see it an an "us vs them" issue. Its more of a preserve your rights that cops are actually trained to get you to give up issue. Yes, police are trained to get people to give up their 1st and 4th amendment rights, as well as other things. Police lie, cheat, and steal in order to get a bust or make an arrest. Police officers are all adrenaline addicts, if they werent then they would not get all jacked up every time they do the simplest parts of their jobs and constantly look for trouble, and even create trouble if it is not there. I have no issue with the police, I have friends that are cops, but the facts are still the facts. Know what you are dealing with and how to handle it before the issue is in front of you. Watching the ACLU videos and things like that is smart and in my opinion should be part of American curriculum in middle school and again in high school.

3. while i agree withthe general content you cannotpaint any group with a broad brush. are all pot smokers lazy hippies:)? the bigger issue is not putting yourself in the position where mr. blue wants to check you out. by the way some states wildlife officers don't need probable cause , they can enter and search at will. and they also have full authority as law enforcement. some of them are zealouts some not so much.so smile and keep it cool.( ididn't state before but i wouldn't consent to search in the unlikely event i'm asked)

4. [quote name='northlat'] are all pot smokers lazy hippies:)?

God knows I am:hello::wave::smoke:

5. #25 WeeDroid, Apr 2, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 2, 2012
    Now that is amusing. You are contradicting yourself right and left with this one post.

It's not an "us vs them" or not an "us vs them" situation. People are people no matter what. Some are corrupt, some really want to help others. This goes for cops as well.

Because some cops will abuse their power, it's important to protect yourself. Burying ones head in the sand will not make the problems go away. But seeing the cops as The Enemy is not helpful either.

In my mind, it's all about balance, keeping an open mind and protecting yourself. My first post was offered with those tenets in mind.

Not to mention that some laws are just plain wrong. Cannabis being illegal is obviously one of those laws. It is our constitutional duty to oppose bad laws. To do that you have to protect yourself unless you want to live in jail.

I'm selectively lazy. ;)

6. You dont seem to understand my point. I can be aware of how police operate while still not having an issue with them. Just accept things as they are, acknowledge them, and adjust. Whether or not you are doing something illegal, protect yourself.

7. You guys think life now is tough? Congress passed a bill in February allowing 30,000 UAV's in US airspace. They will be here by 2015. Forget the police, we have bigger issues! Get up off your asses and call your representatives and demand this bill be repealed or at the very least ammended so that it will not allow for privacy intrusion. Of course, whats the point of the UAV's then. Not trying to scare you guys but this shits real and getting out of control! Act now before its too late!

BTW: the bill is called The FAA Reauthorization Act

8. So look at cops as people. lets say you bump into some one at the groccery store. they could be a dick and get pissed an start ranting and raving. or they could be relaxed and chill. but if you come out right off the bat as dam bitch move, they are less likely to be relaxed. I've skated away high out of my gord jus becuase i can detoir the cop from looking at me as a the bad guy and reach a professional level. On the real alot of police are not out ot get pot heads. jus avoid the situiation completely then cops aint searchen shit:p

9. I agree with Weedroid here any of you guys ever heard of Law Enforcement Against Prohibition? [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v6jnSpGyEzI]Law Enforcement Against Prohibition (LEAP) - YouTube[/ame]

10. You are right a lot of police are not out to 'get you' per- say.. Its just that their job is so much easier busting college kids on campus for petty drug possession and milking their middle-class families for all that they got than actually stopping real crimes that are a serious threat to society. Like violence criminals, armed robberies, rapists, serial killers etc. Former law enforcement officer will admit this to you, in a City like New Orleans they'd rather do the "easy job" of busting stoners who look funny than going out and catching serial killers. This former New Orleans police officer admits to doing just that. [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=unWiixWT5sc]Former Police Officer Talks with Adam Kokesh: Corruption, War on Drugs, and Ron Paul - YouTube[/ame]

11. Keep everything in the car. Obviously not your grow room nothing we can do about that but I do know if a search warrant says inside the house they have no right to look in your car and if they did find something it would destroy their whole case against you. Most people besides the ones who get ratted on get bagged because they become complacent. But I'm no fucking social engineer so I actually have no clue what the fuck I'm talking about.

But I'm right on the trunk.

12. These are all things my parents taught me at like 10.

All parents should be teaching their children about their rights. If they don't know them how can they fight for them.

Don't resist arrest no. That just leads to pain both physical and mental. Simply uttering the words "I want a lawyer", are enough to stop that need. Always call lawyer if you are being arrested.

NEVER SAY ANYTHING IN THE PRESENCE OF AN OFFICER EVER EVER EVER. They cannot make you and you have to be strong enough to resist them. They are trained to trick you and fool you into talking so they can and will use it against you in court. Your only protection out there in the field before your council shows up at jail or court is you. Defend your right.

13. I NEVER consent to search or make any statement to cops. Questions are searches, too. I will be as polite as possible, but I don't tell them where I'm going, where I've been, ANYTHING!.When asked why, I repeat and say, I don't answer questions, or consent to search...They get the message REAL quick. If there are any problems, I ask for Highway patrol, sheriff, or a supervisor. At home I make the same statements, but I never open a door or curtain. Just yell through the door.

14. IMO the reason so many people don't know their rights is that in school we are taught to follow order, and basically be the bitch. You pretty much have to bend over for teachers and principals and do whatever the fuck they want you too, and they can search you whenever they want. Since you're not taught any differently when you're out of school, it's just natural to assume you have to be a bitch to police.

15. LOL I call em, "childhood indoctrination centers" TwistedPuppy
    take forced "schooling" and combine that with standardized tests, half-truths and a controlled media and what do you get? A population of sheep

16. I thought this might be a great add on.

Many thanks to everyone for contributing their ideas and especially pushing for citizens to know their rights. It's a critical responsibility in a free society.

Attached Files:

17. The best way to avoid getting arrested is knowing the law!

I will cite, if need be, but did you know your drivers license is legally not a source for Identification? Its use for competence only and for the benefit of the State.

How can they properly identify you?