Do not buy seeds from "The Bank" in Colorado

Discussion in 'Marijuana Seeds Banks' started by azzogthoth, Jun 14, 2018.

1. #1 azzogthoth, Jun 14, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 15, 2018
    I don't get on here enough, or as much as I like to. That being said, it's even more disappointing to have to log in to post a thread like this. My Mrs. is a medical patient, we only do a few plants at the moment for her needs. When waiting for a harvest, we supplement what we don't have with product from various dispensaries. A few months back we bought a 6 pack of seeds from Durango Organics, from a company called "The Bank". The strain was Grape Kush. I was interested in this strain as I am familiar with one of it's lineage, God Bud. I've NEVER had a problem with ANY feminized seeds I've bought through the years. Even in places where it is legislatively restricted. I've been disappointed with genetics, but always received what I paid for "feminized" seeds. Even the autoflowers I bought from "Steve's Seeds" though disappointing, were as advertised "feminized". I just started a new crop of two strains, one being Power Africa Fast, and the other Grape Kush. After about 6 weeks at 18/6 they were looking real good. We were going to do clones, so I didn't really do any trimming/topping/fimming. The plan was to just turn both mothers into clones, and not save them. But as things turned out it would not be prudent at the moment, as we are moving. Plans change, things happen.

So about a week ago I decided to turn them to 12/12 and just flower. I'm not looking for huge yields, just quality smoke for her needs. Room goes from a low of 70/72 to a high of 80/85. Not much variation on the preferable 10 degrees difference. Since we are in flower now RH is about 30/35%. They were planted with air pots and in a mix of FF Happy Frog, Coconut Husk, Pearlite, and Vermiculite. The only nutes they have ever had is FF Grow Big, and FF Tiger Bloom. The PH is right at 6.5, and the moisture is checked with a meter. They both are in a well ventilated 12'x9' room with a 600w adjustable digital ballast turned to 400w, one for each. Basically they have ideal conditions. Well......within a week I saw pistils on the Power Africa Fast. I also saw growth on the Grape Kush, but no pistils. I let it go a couple more days as the growth seemed to small to really judge. Well as the days went on, the obvious reared it's ugly head. Male flowers.

Thankfully I caught them in more enough time that it didn't even have time for the flowers to fully develop. As we all know, feminized seeds are not cheap. These seeds are actually listed as "THC M !". Meaning you have to be a med card holder to even purchase them. I tried to communicate with "The Bank", and explained conditions of room, soil, and nutes as to assure them that there was no reason for them to herm. There is not even a trace of ANY female traits.(I've seen plants that have hermed from heat stress in Texas. A Hash Plant to be precise. Even in this case the grower used Dutch Masters "Reverse" foliar spray.

I was actually surprised by the results.) Well no reply from "The Bank", not surprising. No contact number, or any direct email, just a generic "leave comment" section where you leave a name, email address, and comment. It seems as though that they just don't care. Even in Amsterdam I bought some "Thai Stick", was not pleased, returned to the counter, and they exchanged it for some sweet Jack Herrer. No questions asked, just wanted to make sure I was happy, and I was. Actually I was ecstatic. I'm not new to growing, and actually have a "KEY" badge with the state of Colorado Dept. of Revenue. Meaning I can work at any grow or dispensary in the state. This is the first time I can grow legally, and be a W-2 employee. It's actually nice.

Just a heads up on my experience, and problems. You can do as you wish, but I want to put it out there, because I hate seeing people get taken advantage of, or having it happen myself. If I would have had a room fill of flowering plants/clones this could have been catastrophic. Live and learn. I'll stick to procuring my seeds somewhere else. This is the first time I tried them, and the last. Thanks for reading, ............... WP_20180614_12_38_49_Pro.jpg WP_20180614_08_34_55_Pro.jpg WP_20180614_08_34_27_Pro.jpg WP_20180614_08_20_06_Pro.jpg

Attached Files:

• Informative Informative x 1
  2. 'I don't get on here enough, or as much as I like to. That being said, it's even more disappointing to have to log in to post a thread like this.'

TLDR

3. Fair enough. Just trying to give a heads up. Short version, buyer beware.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  4. I hear ya there brother . u want true fem seeds and honestly top of the line shit goto the vault seeds. Brother I've got some critical mass from phoenix seeds from them and a few others ill be popping soon. U won't be disappointed in their seeds or customer service. Ill send him your name if u would like . [​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my VS425PP using Tapatalk

5. I'd appreciate it. I order from Steve's Seeds, the autos were really disappointing. The photos were nice though. I was trying to support local business, stupid me. I used to order from Sensi Seed Bank as well, but had a few issues with delivery. Nice plants btw, those look sweet!

6. Ty they turned out great . ill hook u both up, ill call him tomorrow .
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. Impressive! I'm going to do a large grow like that soon. My Mrs. is allowed 6 in flower, 6 in veg because of her med card. I'm allowed 3 flower, 3 in veg as a resident. 9 in flower will be sweet, especially since there is no limit on the size. A little super cropping, HST, and fimming, the potential is endless.

8. That's good. Wish I was in a legal state to grow I would be much more at ease. But fuck the government they don't care how she feels or shows she's treated at long as they get their cash. And Ty I do my best to keep her with meds got about an 8 month supply out of that grow . two lbs

• Like Like x 2
  9. I too live in CO and actually bought their HeadRush fem seeds which were a headband/Durban poison cross. They were advertised as 56-65 day finish time in flower... i vegged mine for 30 days and flipped to flower(all 6 of a 6 pack of fems) 2 were Hermie at like 20 days into flower showing both male and female sex so were removed from my garden. the 4 that remained did grow fairly large in my setup, however took more like 70-85 days to finish flower...and out of the 4, only 1 was in my eyes worth cloning and running again... They were very loose hazy pistilly plants..
    IF U WANT TO TALK TO THE OWNER/BREEDERS OF THE SEEDS, THE CLINIC DISPENSARIES IN DENVER ARE THERE HEADQUARTERS

10. ethosgenetics fem seeds have good stability. The pillow factory,Temple Kush(which is reg sex not fem), and Mandarin Cookies are all great and have a winner pheno in every pack.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. This is a bit disheartening to hear. I'm currently in the middle of my first grow which is a clone from The Bank. I'm 3 weeks into flowering and no nanners yet, but I'll be keeping an eye out for sure.

12. Another Ethos grower!!! I’m finishing up some Rainmakers and they have been so easy to grow.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. running some of the rainmaker now alongside another pillowfactory and mandarin cookie run, are yours looking like late finishers, compared to the mandarin cookies and the pillowfactory my 3 rainmakers are taller sativa dom looking long flowering plants....im thinking 10weeks plus

14. I have two different phenos it seems. One is tall and sativa leaning, one is a bit shorter and bushy, maybe indica leaning. Funny thing is the sativa leaning pheno, looks to be finishing earlier, while the indica leaning is still dark green. I have six total, first of many Ethos grows I imagine

15. Almost 7 weeks in. You can see the one pheno is starting to fade

4C8E8D58-BAD8-4B86-8B48-B0A53E151647.jpeg E2F38AB4-4ACF-4A0D-9960-B99D89FACFD9.jpeg C4B5385C-9B05-4A11-B044-839E2FB8D4C9.jpeg

• Like Like x 1
  16. very beautiful, judging by those pistils in all the shots(fade or not) you definately still got 2-3 weeks+ left to really finish those girls nice, if u got a trich scope u could get more technical, but im sure everything is very clear trich heads right now. they are gunna be hogs... what kinda light you have those under...cant imagine u did that under the, CFLS alone

17. very beautiful, judging by those pistils in all the shots(fade or not) you definately still got 2-3 weeks+ left to really finish those girls nice, if u got a trich scope u could get more technical, but im sure everything is very clear trich heads right now. they are gunna be hogs... what kinda light you have those under...cant imagine u did that under the, CFLS alone

18. You may be right, I haven’t checked trichs yet, or grown this out. They say 55-70 days so that’s probably the variation in phenos.

I vegged under 12 tube T5 ho in 6500K

Flower light is 600 HPS and 1500 watt (286 actual) King Full Spectrum LED. Cfl is Just hitting a dark corner and UV bulbs are an experiment.

• Agree Agree x 1