Do not adjust ph??

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by john420cambell, May 27, 2015.

1. Hey guys,

Noob here. I was going to start feeding my plants soon but noticed on the bottle it says to not adjust ph? Should I just do what it says and ignore ph? From everything that I've read monitoring is very important.

-Local tap water is at almost 8.0ph but up to this point I've only used distilled water. (Wanted to use tap because of cost but a little afraid to do to high ph)
    -using promix-bx for soil.
    -going to start using Earth Juice line of nutrients

Here's what plants look like so far:
    ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1432742005.255874.jpg

Thanks for the help;)

2. They look very healthy.  I'm day 38 of flower of my soil grow and I've never adjusted the ph and my tap water is pretty acidic at around 4.  If I were in your shoes, and wanted to stay with that fertilizer, I would follow the instructions and pay attention to how the plants react.  Adjusting as necessary.  Growing is a very long road, you'll have time to make changes.

3. Why would you not follow the directions on your product and take advice from stoners on forums?  The directions on the product are there for getting best results.

PW

4. Right on. Thanks guys. Just being a nervous first time parent trying to get it all right.

5. Another couple things to add...I recommend making any changes incrementally.  If the instructions don't already suggest starting off with 1/4 or 1/2 strength then I'd recommend you do that.  Also, as someone once told me, the key is to master watering.  Too much watering leads to problems x, y, and z.  Not enough slows/stunts growth.

6. Thank you! Yes I was going to start at 1/4 strength. And you are so right about mastering water. It's an art that I haven't learned yet. I've both under/over watered so far.

7. A couple of days ago I missed a watering day and that was not good at all.  The ladies have bid buds and the wilting caused a lot of leaf death and some branches could not hold themselves up.  They are recovering ok but was a big no no in an otherwise great grow.  It's a long long road till harvest so getting the basics down and not screwing those up will get you and your plants a good foundation to work off of.  All the crazy details, many of which is stoner horse shit in my opinion, can come later.

8. Ha! I'm starting to learn that there is a lot of "stoner bullshit" out there! thanks again fam

9. Earth Juice nutrients need to be bubbled with an air stone over 24-36 hours to raise the pH to 6 - 7 range. That's why they tell you not to adjust the pH with the up/down chemicals.

10. I was planning on using this
    ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1432757548.177853.jpg
    But I did not realize it needed to be for so long. Thanks for heads up!

11. that will work.