Do my plants look overwatered?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by HiddenPuff, Apr 3, 2019.

1. 2E249FD9-50F4-47C2-97A1-0E2604B55978.jpeg 74F3E072-28CE-4A5B-979B-F49A5B0FC942.jpeg 0CA6EAFF-3B65-409D-8CE0-D97868C898CE.jpeg B51B7C9D-1BD2-45B4-B9C0-52E857C14C0E.jpeg I watered 1 1/2 days ago. Plants are in 3g fabric pots sitting about 2in off the ground. I watered to the point where water was just running off, not near 20% runoff or anything. One plant is at day 15 and the other 14. The day 14 one looks mutated from the get go. It had been 4 1/2 days since watering as the soil was dry to about an inch down. It was still mildly damp below that but the pot compared to being full was a lot lighter.

It seems like 4 1/2 days seems too long? The water on the top soil doesn’t dry completely till about day 3. I’m sitting around mid 40s RH with temps about 72/73. On a 20/4 light cycle. My fan is blowing right over them. I’m growing in HF soil with about 20% perlite. (Gonna add even more next time)

Idk, what do you all think? The pics with LED were taken yesterday to compare. Water was PHed at 6.05.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Ok bro first off it is definitely overwatered,your little babies wont be able to drink that much and you want a little dryness between waterings,not at the top but dryness as well as the roots.
    Roots need both oxygen and water to survive and they need a little dryness so the roots will stretch to search for water.
    I would suggest letting that dry up for a few more days and at this point a little plant doesnt need a full fill in a 3 gallon pot, all you need is for the water to touch the roots and dry within a day or 2. 20190115_101537.jpg 20190131_122430.jpg
    Not sure how well this pics will turn out but you can see after a watering in these 3 gallon fabric pots the whole top soil isnt drenched you can see I only fed them around a 7 inch circle around the base of the plants,showed it at 2 different waterings,that way it dries out faster and the roots get both oxygen and water.
    Hope this helps,cause overwatering will lead to root rot if continued on a bad watering schedule. Your ph is good at 6 while they are small but in the next couple weeks better pull it up to 6.5 to make sure she absorbs all the nutes you will be giving them.

3. Bring also humidity up to 65% put a fan pointed at the pots to dry em out faster, dont worry your not dead in the water yet,still manageable if taken care of! Let her dry out some more and then water way less,she will recover and bloom some nice budness!

4. Thanks all! Since I waited almost 5 days and was still damp underneath, would it hurt to wait like a week at this point to ensure absolutely dry?

• Like Like x 1
  5. Yes you can do that, also if your not sure use a little plastic syringe to feed em slowly, they dont need much more than a cup of water at this point! So a dry out is probably your best bet!

6. Also you can sit you smart pot on some to keep it elevated look at the bottom of each pot,I like air underneath em as well! 20190326_090448.jpg

7. I raised them up off the ground yesterday so hopefully that will help. Little girls are gonna have to wait for a drink now lol. Thanks again!!!

• Like Like x 1
  8. Good job! That will help,now a couple to a few days and you should be good! Then it will look like this in no time!!! 20190403_112106.jpg goodluck my fellow grower! Never hesitate to ask any questions you may have! Have a good day!

• Like Like x 1