Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Do metal shavings from a grinder matter if you use a bong?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by DaltonTMD, Jan 30, 2014.

1. I am using a bong, but I can see these really tiny metal shavings in my bowl. I have only seen them like 1-2x but I was just wondering, since my grinder is made out of aluminum and the aluminum won't turn into smoke by the time I finish my bowl off, and whatever shavings there are will fall in the water, do I have anything to worry about?

2. #2 AlphaOmega420, Jan 30, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 30, 2014
    Dude get a better grinder because what the fuck?

Your grinder is made of aluminum WTF?!!!?!?!?

yes
    stop using that grinder

4. I've heard of new grinders leaving metal shavings in your bud. Wash it out and hopefully it should be fine

5. Is it the aircraft aluminum? Or like pop can aluminum? I have one that's aircraft aluminum and I have never had that issue ever. Get a better grinder. Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

Most grinders are made of aluminum...even the good ones.

Anodization though makes a hell of a difference.

A lot of grinders are brass or copper with a shiny finish that comes off over time, at least this was the case with my old grinder, yet I never noticed any shiny flakes in my bud, still sketches me out though. 

7. invest in a sharpstone, Santa Cruz shredder or similar. The anodizing is where it's at.