Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Do me solid, I'll give ya rep

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by bp4er, Feb 24, 2012.

1. #1 bp4er, Feb 24, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 24, 2012
    I have a metal chamber pipe and I need to know how to clean it. I have 91% iso alcohol, but if you don't rinse that stuff off with water afterwards, it makes your pipe all sticky and what not. So I'm wondering- is it safe to rinse my pipe off with water after I clean it with iso or will that cause it to rust?
    +rep for the best answer(s), or answers telling me any better way to get it spotless clean, THANKS! :smoke:

Edit: Looks quite similar to this one:
    [​IMG]

Edit 2: And for anyone who tells me to get glass- i sold my glass to get this piece. I like knowing it wont break if i drop oir have to throw it to hide it real quick or something if im blazing out in public. plus it has a lid so i can pre-load a bowl and take it soemwhere.

2. Should be fine. Just make sure you dry it off thoroughly.

3. its probably made of stainless steel

4. can you unscrew it apart, if you can do that and clean every piece good and sparkly

5. Yeah, it can be taken apart but the question is how do i get the iso off afterwards without using water so it doesn't rust. I'm not sure if it's stainless steel or not.

6. First, boil it in hot water, this will make the resin sticky. If I were you, I'd collect that resin and smoke it.

Take it out of the water, unscrew it, then scrape the resin out of all the metal pieces with a paper clip if you're going to collect it. After you've collected the resin, dip the end of a q-tip in rubbing alcohol and then just clean the metal pieces till their spotless. Repeat this process with the q-tips until the piece is clean. Then discard the q-tips. After the pieces have been cleaned spotless with the alcohol, run them under some warm water just so the alcohol is gone, then you won't have to wait for the alcohol to evaporate. Now you should be left with some resin and a clean piece.

7. [quote name='"bp4er"']

Yeah, it can be taken apart but the question is how do i get the iso off afterwards without using water so it doesn't rust. I'm not sure if it's stainless steel or not.[/quote]

Just let the iso evaporate man, doesn't take long

8. Get a bottle (water bottle, Gatorade, etc etc), put your piece in, fill it with half alc and a little bit of water and vinegar, then put some sea salt in it. Once you've put your ingredients in: SHAKE, SHAKE, SHAKE, then pour it in a pan and boil it for maybe 10 minutes-30 mins.

Come back, rinse it, then fill it up with only water and shake it.

Clean piece

9. The iso evaporates off..if its still sticky I would think it was residual resin still on it

10. My buddy keeps me pretty well supplied so I don't really smoke resin no more, just too messy and a hassle. But- are you sure the water won't make it rust cuz I'm not 100% sure if it's stainless steel or not, AND I just got this piece and I clean my pieces like once a week so they never really collect resin, just more of a resiny coating around the insides of the pipe. Thanks Jesus, +rep (if it will let me, of course!)

But if you don't clean it off after it evaporates, doesn't it leave ur pipe feeling sticky?

11. I find boiling a piece is a bad idea just because of how messy it is...and it doesnt really do much to help the resin IMO...

if you want to something I do is warm up my ISO for a few seconds in a hot water bath...put the ISO in a zip lock back and let it float on top of almost boiling water for a minute or two....then you can use the hot ISO with salt...it works wonders if the ISO is hot!!

12. this shit is simple, you gonna need a candle, some water, and find something that can hold the pipe over the candle. put some water in your pipe. light the candle and let your pipe boil

13. Wouldn't putting it in a bag be just as "messy" as putting it in a pot of boiling water for a minute or two?

I had a metal piece similar to the OP's, and I cleaned it by putting it in boiling water. It never really made a mess at all, it was only in for a minute or two. Just enough time to let the resin get sticky, a little would come out, but it wasn't really a mess at all.

Cleaning your pipe one time by putting it in the boiling water shouldn't make it rust. If it does a little bit, then you know it isn't stainless steel and then you can clean it by skipping the boiling part but following everything else in my directions. If you don't want to boil it, you can still just dip the q-tip in the alcohol and start cleaning the metal parts. It will clean it great, but if you boil it then the resin will be a little bit more warm and will come off easier. Nevertheless, not boiling it and just cleaning the metal parts with q-tips dipped in alcohol will still make the piece spotless.

14. Well since I live with my grandma, boiling it and making her house smell like resin isn't too wise. But I will try the alcohol with q-tips and just let it evaporate if it still feels a little sticky i will go over it with a q-tip dipped in water so only minuscule amounts of water get on there and set it by a fan or window to dry out faster. Like I said I only got this piece like a week ago, but other than that I usually clean em about once a week anyway cuz I don't smoke resin anymore so I don't worry about letting it build up I just like clean, smooth hitting pieces :)
    I think your q-tip idea is proly a really good one cuz that way I don't have to douse my piece in iso or water. :D

15. I swear at first I thought you were going to direct me to do something else. I thought "get a spoon" was going to come after "candle and some water".
    lol..

16. Yea a q-tip and alcohol always works. Just take the piece apart, and clean away with the q-tips dipped in alcohol. I personally rinse them off with water after, I just don't like the idea that I'm smoking something that had alcohol on it, even when its evaporated.

17. All i do to clean my pieces is run HOT water through them. Just set it up in your kitchen sink with the water shooting into the bowl and let it run out of the mouth piece. After about 5-10 minutes whatever is left scrape out somehow. Don't worry about rust your piece is stainless steel. Plus you can buy a metal pipe at just about any gas station in America now for 5 bucks.

18. It's small as fuck dry it with a towel when yur done

19. Acetone in a glass bowl enough to cover the pipe. Acetone will melt off any residue, rinse in clean water afterwards...be careful acetone is highly flammable, use out doors...don't use on plastic, it will melt...

20. The inside?....