Do Male Plants have pollen sacks and white hairs(pistils) or do i have a hermie?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Green Machine, Dec 4, 2010.

1. Ill post pics up later

Here is the scenario

I am 100% positive that the plant is a male there are obvious pollen sacs growing however when i went to water him/her today i got excited because i noticed at the very top of the plant at least 10-14 little white hairs emerging..I am HOPING this is a Hermie so at least i can get some bud

bud w/seeds better than no bud at all imo

So the question is do Male plants have white hairs? or just all pollen sacs.

Because if Male plants do not have white hairs, then i have a Hermie which would make me feel better.

P.S = The Pollen Sacs formed well before i saw any white hairs \t\t
    \t\t\t\t__________________
    \t\t\t\tDisclaimer: Everything that this user says is fictional and for entertainment purposes only

2. yes, you have a hermaphrodite. Female plants do not have pollen sacks, only males do, Like wise Males don't have Stamens(pistols whatever you called them), So the only other possibility is a hermie, FYI = Hermie bud is practically useless, Not good for seed, and considerably lower THC levels, Because your plants are going to be trying to Reproduce by seed once it becomes self Pollinated, once this happens your plant will push auxins(plant hormones) into creating the seed(as this is what nature has evolved to do), So since your plant is Sending its energy into making seed, not bulking up your buds and producing cannabinoids(THC/CBD/Cbn) and resin.
    Now if you were to pollinate another female with your hermie, then at least you'd have Feminized seed for a future grow(This is the "old School" way of creating Fem Seed)
    But sorry,
    yes i agree that bud with seeds is better than no bud at all, but your hermie will seed your entire room and make all your buds crappier quality, like i said, SORRY
    Peace
    Proteus

If it was me i'd seperate the Hermie from the rest and if your hell bent on finishing this hermie your best bet would be to utilize it for bubble hash, this way it at least gets put to good use

3. its a herm, what is the strain and breeder.

4. A Better question might be what are your temps and environment like?

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. It is just bag seed..

The veg room temps avg in the low to mid 90s I am assuming this is why it hermied since I read higher temps result in higher chance of hermie

So are you telling me when the pollen sack has matured I can freeze it and save it to pollinate a future female plant and I would have all female seeds

if so what are the best ways to store pollen

6. no, please do not save hermy pollen and pass it on. you dont breed with hermy pollen anyways, you breed with pure males...

You can try to pluck the naners, but if theres way to many, you harvest and make hash or something...

Edit : The Bag seed you got was already prone to hermie, thats why you had a bag of weed with a seed in it .... No point in trying to keep that alive..

7. so im confused how would you make feminized seeds?

8. store them in a white lace wrap inside a pink envelope with a dab of 'White Diamond' perfume

9. Dude is a G. dont ask, only listen

10. Quick reasoning behind WHY you don't keep hermie pollen.

Genetics 101:

MM - True Male, does not express hermaphroditic traits
    FF - True Female, does not express hermaphroditic traits
    MF - False Male. (Probably what you got) may hermie to produce calyxes and pistils.
    FM - False Female. may hermie to produce pollen pouches.

So they will not be feminized, they will be false males and false females. They will probably both produce calyxes with THC trichomes, and so if you smoke them, you'll get high. Hermies can produce good bud, and you can keep the hermaphroditism in check...but it's bad practice.

But it's bunk weed. Will never be classified as "The Chronic." And legitimate breeders will quietly give you the finger for proliferating an annoyingly effective survival mechanism to new generations.

Kill it, and eat it. Then start again.

Most "bagseeds" that are grown are from decent weed that was actually a hermie. My best strain at the moment...bagseed hermie. But, I do everything in my power to keep her from poppin bananas (so far so good) and I'm ever searching for better genetics so I can simply kill her off and move on.

Still, hermie or not, she's my best genetic performer.

• Like Like x 1