Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Do Joints go "bad"?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by MikeyToke, Aug 14, 2010.

1. by that i mean if i leave them exposed to air will the weed inside go bad?
    causse i leave them in a woodbox under my computer desk

2. As long as it isn't under there for multiple weeks it should be all good. The bud might dry out a little and burn a little harsher than normal though

3. stick the joints in a glass jar or medicine capsule. It will stop the smell and keep them fresh

4. if they're in a enclosed environment then they should be ok for up to a month, if they're out in the open/sun they could go stale (bad/harsh) in less than a week

5. thanks guys for ur input

6. at the grasscity shop they sell little capsules for cigarettes. That could come in handy, especially on the go.

7. Well yeah, just like regular nugs, they'll dry out and the THC will degrade with air exposure. If you want to store joints long term, keep it in something air tight. A sealed glass jar works best, but you can get away with a pill bottle.

But I mean, as long as you aren't planning to store it for ages, it should be fine. I mean who keeps a joint for more than a few days? Lol. Plus the smell will become an issue if the joint isn't contained somehow.

8. hm yep its always best to roll joints fresh when you are about to smoke them, unless you are rolling for somewhere where it would be inconvinient to roll, such as a concert

a joint wont go 'off' as such, but after a little while, especially in a wood box, the moisture will slowly be sapped out, and you will find the joint is 'crispy' to the touch, which as previously mentioned, makes for a very harsh taste,

im not entirely sure on the reasons for this, i think it may be to do with the conversion of natural sugars in the plant into different compounds, coupled with the fact that a more dry blend of herb will burn at a hotter temperature, potentially releasing more thc, but at the cost of hotter, harsher smoke

9. Yes, after 24 hours of oxygen exposure you should ship them to my house so I can decontaminate them. :cool: