Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Do Indicas possess more medicinal properties than Sativas?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by KushBurner420, Sep 5, 2011.

1. I remember reading that the CBD has more medicinal benefits than than THC

2. Well Indica is a body high so it helps with pain and inflammation, it also helps you eat.

On the other hand Sativa is a head high it helps with depression, ADD, Anger issues etc.

Of course theres a TON of other things but these are just a few that ive read. Hope this helps :D

3. In a word.."no".

4. What about for migraines and nausea?

5. Depends on the qualities you want medicinally.

Indicas provide, like previously stated, more pain relief than sativas. The reason being is that indicas do have higher levels of CBDs than sativas.

Sativas on the other hand have higher THC percentages, and provide more relief for depression and have more phsycological benefits than physical ones.

A lot of breeders are trying to create plants that yield higher THC percentages now, from what I remember. I didn't research it much though.

Although, I'm sure someone else could pipe in with some more info.

Hope I could help :)

:smoke:

6. There's a lot of breeders that breed OG strains with over 25% THC now. I wouldnt say that THC has gone up overall in weed however the abundance of high quality weed is much more available.

7. depends what you need to be medicated with

all these robots would do well with the original thinking of a sativa

8. indica's would be ideal for any kind of pain relief.

9. overall health benefits wise i'm gonna say indica.

CBD locks into CB2 receptors and THC locks into CB1 receptors

And CB2 receptors modulate a greater part of your health.

Also indica makes you sleepy and sleep is essential for the healing