Do I still have to pay my traffic citation?!

Discussion in 'General' started by Angry Troll, Aug 21, 2012.

1. I got a ticket for running a red light on a turn two weeks ago.
    Every day I keep checking online to pay my citation and do the 4 hour driving class to save my insurance... but, every time I want to pay, it says my citation is "not in the database"

I've tried a few citation database websites, all court-website approved, and I still can't find my damn citation.

Which leads to my question, must I still pay? Do you think I'll get in trouble if I don't go pay in person?

2. maybe the officer fucked up and didn't keep his copy of the citation?

3. Just be responsible and pay it in person. If not they could always try and screw you for it later.

4. call up the court and ask them about it

my friend had a similar thing happen and it turns out there was a slight error making him unable to access his shit online, he gets pulled over a few months later and had a warrant for not paying and failing to appear, to something that, as far as he could possibly tell, didnt exist in their system

5. hmmm very true. I just don't know what to do. I don't have much money to pay it... but I probably should.

Ohhhh the poor life xD

6. yeah, I wouldn't want to get in even more trouble...

but on the ticket, it says I do NOT have to appear in court.

Has anybody tried Ticket Clinic to take your case?

7. Maybe you shouldn't have run a red light then?

8. You do not have to appear in court assuming you pay the ticket.

If you dont pay, and dont show up to contest the charges they assume they bailed out on them and put a bench warrant out for you

Now technically if the error is on their end, you may end up with a warrant that doesnt mean much other than you get arrested and they figure out they made a mistake (what happened to my friend) however, when he was pulled over he had some weed and MY bong in his car, because his just broke and i couldnt smoke so he was borrowing it... cop didnt give him any tickets for it, but he lost the bong and weed over something that wasnt even his fault

and his dog got pounded for the night and its not cheap to keep them over night at a humane society...

so potentially you could get in 0 trouble because of not paying this, if its their fault, but end up in other trouble or at a loss lol

Id just call them up... if the court cant find it, then obviously you dont need to pay

9. It was yellow! The cop perceived it as red.

10. [​IMG]

Captain Hindsight strikes again! Thank you captain hindsight!

11. Just call your local courthouse and pay it that way.

They'll bone you hard on that shit later

12. Were you being an angry troll to the cop Prehalps he trolled you? :smoke:

13. Call up and see whats going on. If you just say "fuck, its their mistake not mine", that tickets going turn into a bench warrent, then one day in the future youll be driving around not even thinking about this ticket, youll get pulled over, and youll end up in handcuffs going to booking. Then hopefully you have the money in full, plus an extra $100 in fees. If not, youll end up going to county jail to pay your ticket off there (here its $30 a day)...best to handle it now