Do I see seeds in my bud ?!?? :(

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Magelsi, Feb 15, 2020.

1. B158E206-09FA-474D-AED3-4F28A68FBF5E.jpeg 3367B423-C4AF-4519-9CA2-DB42D8A80DC6.jpeg B0775656-1224-4E5F-9F30-FE4D1467AE08.jpeg Hello first time grower and I’m very excited to day I’m very close to my first harvest ! But to my dismay I think maybe the plant hermied out .. was somehow accidentally pollinated ... orrrrr Im overreacting and these are not even seeds. But I’m beginning to see what looks like seeds on the smaller bud sites .. don’t see any on the main colas ... I had a hard time getting a clear picture but hopefully it’s good enough for y’all to see !

Attached Files:

2. i dont think its hermied out as you put it ,,,but your plant may have grown a few male nanners that shed some pollen ,have you checked higher up the plant for any little nanners or flowers,,.whats the bigger top buds look like are they finished budding ,,i know some times when a plant goes a bit longer in flower it can try and pollinate its self ,plant just want to make seed to keep its genetics alive ..but i dont think its that cus i still see white pistils thats why i asked what the top buds are like are they ready yet ......if you do find and nanners etc snip them off but probably to late now ,,but you'l get a smoke ,,and as the plants not a hermie you could try growing the seed which if its been made like i said the plant going over its harvest date they could well be fem seed but .try one first just in case plant had some hermie trates and will make hermie plants some just be careful if you do use any seed from the plant ,,,sorry i i dont make to much sense just had couple cans of cider and a J :GettingStoned::passing-joint:,,,,,mac,

3. D40FBBBC-C00A-434E-A250-E5C5859DE69A.jpeg
    Thanks for replying ... I’ve noticed it’s taking a very long time to mature in this last stretch .. maybe i should go ahead and harvest ? These are the two top colas

Attached Files:

4. @mactheman Also .. I put it into flower on chistmas day if that gives you a time frame. Thanks so much again !

5. Needs more time.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. hi there it doesn't look quite done just yet its making pistils still ,have you checked the trichomes yet with a magnifying glass or jewlers loupe .....check out this chart below ,,luck ..mac. when-to-harvest-cannabis-diagram.jpg

7. Looks like by how many white pistils you still have, that you are somewhere around week 6 of actual flower from when pistils started during flower. They still need to plump up. As far as seeds, touch a swollen calyx and see if it is hard, and if it is then see if there is a seed inside.

8. #8 Zanc420, Feb 15, 2020
    Last edited: Feb 15, 2020
    Man those calyxes just seem very under developed to have been pollinated and produce a seed already. What I mean is, a viable seed takes 4 weeks to be produced. So within 2 weeks you would have something hard and protruding onto the now already swollen calyx. And 3-4 weeks the seed would be hardening and ruptured out of the calyx. So those tiny buds got pollinated 3-4 weeks ago? Not to mention viable pollen takes a little bit of time too... Nanners can pollinate buds, though easier to manage than true herms and have a good chance of being sterile and unable to fertilize anything to begin with. But Nanners usually don’t show themselves until after the stretch and the plant has already produced bud sites.

Is that calyx in the first picture ruptured and exposing a seed or is that just the light ?