Do I really suck at growing?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by d4rkw0lf, Jul 2, 2006.

1. I bought 3 plants from my friend about a month ago. I've had to replace two so far, 'cause they were eaten by slugs.

I went over to his place the other day, and his plants are like, 3x bigger than mine! They're probably a good foot tall with like 4 sets of leaves, being pretty big. The stems on them are huge.

He also started fertilizing early than me though. His are also in more direct sunlight too.

I gave my plants fertz like, 2-3 days ago. They're almost a foot, with 4 sets of leaves. But tiny leaves, and the leaves don't look to good compared to his, and the stem is tiny.
    Some of the tips of the leaves are bending downwards.
    They looked alot better before I gave them fertilizer.

Do I suck at growing? Or is 'cause its in a small clearing in the forest?

Should I expect a nice harvest though, just smaller?

2. Does your small clearing in the forest get 5-6 hours of direct sunlight?

3. sounds like you have bad soil or too much shade

4. I'm pretty sure the clearing gets more than 6 hours. But for some reason the sun seems to be moving, a month ago, when I picked the clearing it got sun until about 8pm, I went out there at 6pm cupple days ago and the sun was already behind the trees....

My soil is Pro Mix, equivilant to SunShine mix #4, pretty sure its not a soil problem.

fucking shade...

should I expect a harvest though...just smaller?

5. the problem is the grower and preperation, you must have started late and just not put the effort in, because shade causes a plant to stretch for the sun

dig lots of large holes, fill with organic soil, plant early, fertilize + water, destroy males........harvest.

6. I would move it somewhere it can get some intense sun. It hasn't opened up yet. It needs to be in direct light for at least 6 hourd. Move it to where you can monitor it closer or go visit more often.
    I have most of my plants far from home because I don't have good sun in my yard do to trees. I go check mine out everyother day and spend at least a hour or more caring for each plant. I check its PH in the soil and everything. If your going to grow then you should do it right.
    I know that if you live in the USA its hard for you guys to grow outside because you have so much trouble with the law there. I am glad we don't have those problems here. Just as long as you don't get caught shipping it to the USA then our country can get nasty.

7. Why would your country get nasty shipping to the USA especially??

I have sent seeds and peyote plants to folks in the US, fuck their DEA.

8. So just a bit more background i.e.... are they in the ground or pots? What is the soil, store bought soil or dirt from the area? If you did dig the holes did you ad some garden lime to help the PH. And so on and so on.

If you fill the forum in on your set up I am sure you will find that just a bit of tweaking your grow will pick right up. I have found that if I just do a little bit of homework and hard work. The Gods will reward you richly.

9. That is because the summer solstice is passed and the days are getting shorter now. All to do with th Earth´s axis being on a tilt.

10. I don't know fly but I have seen people with pounds in their possesion and get nothing but get caught by customs and the goverment will make an example out of you. Its crazy I agree but that is what happens.

11. yeah well ....think I got a sun problem..... I'm kind of an idiot and like searched through the forest for a clear sunny spot, found a clear spot, and a sunny spot.....but then the has lke moved from that spot now.....

Kinda just realized now, for a perefct spot, I shouild go search for where its clear and theres like 8 foot tall bushes, wack them all down, then my plants would grow like crazy

12. now sir is a wonderful time to pick next years spots, thats what i do, dont wait till early next year like alot of ppl do and find yourself in a tight where now when ,for example my plants are growing the most, you find your plants with no or little sunshine to grow, check it out now and you will have goods spots next year..youll see what vegetation grew up over the year, where the sun is etc...

I always plant my shit under or close to other vegetation to hide it, i never place anything out in the open, the pigs fly here every year, in my area that is and im not home 24/7 to see if they do fly my particular area every year.. i find it impossible to believe that they can fly every square inch of my state everyyear...from what ive read on my states dept of marijuana irradication task force site and other sites. they go off of tips on where to look , and also spots where they,ve found plants before, and they leave it up to locals to do the investigations [ pull the pot or sit on it till the owner shows etc ]. but i assure you that 15 plants are easier to spot than 2...peace