Do i really need venting??

Discussion in 'Do It Yourself' started by Sypha, Jun 5, 2018.

1. Woundering if i really need ventilation in my grow space.. i have a fan to simulate wind blowing against the plant.. do i need to add something for air to escape or is it fine the way it is?? Im trying to keep the cost as low as possible!!

The closet door remains closed when im not attending my plants, so its basically a closed in space.

Attached Files:

2. Ya want fresh air going in and out for CO2 exchange.

• Creative Creative x 1
  3. Thanks i think ill add another fan.. & make 2 holes, 1 to bring in air via the fan im going to add placed in the hole, and the other for the air to escape naturally from.. it should naturally escape with out another fan actually blowing it out, the air moving should be enough to move air out the opening natually

4. Would you survive breathing the same air?

5. yes, you need proper ventilation. It helps plant to perform all the gas exchanges and proper climate control to grow strong.

6. #6 Rezerg, Jun 5, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 5, 2018
    If youre running co2, its better to seal your room. Only do that if youre able to keep temps and humidity normal. As long as youre humidity and temps are good, you can seal it up and have a fan circulating air inside only. This is how you get the best benefits from co2.

Ventilation is only needed when you cant control these things.

I currently use a sealed tent in my grow if youd like to check my journal because the area i live is very low humidity, so its easy to keep a nice environment inside. This works especially well in the winter.

Heres a thread on this topic for good reading

100% Sealed room with CO2 enrichment, vent dump during lights off ??

7. I read the link you sent.. great.. but im thinking of making a hole just to naturally let the fan thats blowing the plants around move the rooms air right out from the hole.. should i make the hole High or low in the grow room & will this work as far as venting goes?? (Pic below)

Attached Files:

8. You want air either coming in from the bottom and out the top or coming in the top and out the bottom. If you're using ventilation then you want to get as much movement as possible to kill any mold and such.

Although, if you have no mold, low humidity and temperature isnt a problem then there is no reason to have ventilation at all with these things in check. Plants take in co2 more than oxygen and get more than what they need of oxygen through watering. The whole process of watering brings new oxygen to your plants so if you're worried about them suffocating from stagnant air then that wont be an issue.

9. Is it okay to vent only during “on” period of 12/12 lighting?? I want to keep the vent closed so no light will get in during the “off” period of 12/12 lighting