do i really need to change my bulbs?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by crezydave, Jan 10, 2011.

1. so im about to flowering in the next two days. right now im using four 4ft t5s. is it ok that i use the current bulbs? and just put it into 12/12. or do i have to get the bloom bulbs?

2. You're going to want the lights with 2700k, which I'm assuming that's what you mean by bloom bulbs. Depending on how much you can spend, I would just get a HPS for flower... you would NOT regret it.

HTGsupply has some great deals on some of their own. The only downside to them is the ballast is hardwired.

http://htgsupply.com/Category-HTGSupply-Grow-Light-Systems.asp

Depending on how many plants you have, CFLs can get pretty costly trying to get enough watts, even just covering enough watts for two plants you would be better off buying an HPS like that.

3. im on a tight budget right now. i def cant afford a hps. but i am def buying one after i harvest. is it ok that i use my light right now? or should i get the 2700K? if so should i change all the bulbs?

4. the color of the bulb really does make a difference, the plant has evolved to flower in the harvest sun, but it will still flower under a blue spectrum, the blue spectrum or cool color will effect ur harvest.

5. how is that going to affect my harvest?

6. You won't see the buds swelling up nearly as much as you would with the correct spectrum. Basically it lowers yield and even potency.

7. is it a real big diffrence? idk if i can even afford another 60 bucks just for new bulbs

8. Well, a couple years ago I did a small grow with an autoflowering strain. I had too little lighting due to cash restraints and had 3x 23w 6500k lights, and eventually added a 42w 2700k... the plant was incredibly healthy, but only pulled about 10g's... the bud was very airy, not dense at all.

However, if those 23w bulbs were 2700k in flower, I could have pulled an ounce no problem.

9. exactly...