Do I really need more light?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by txbud997, Mar 18, 2018.

1. Have an hlg 260w and a 4x2 grow space. is this light sufficient for both veg and flower for that amount of grow space?

I want to pack the tent full next grow. And this light does not seem wide enough. could be wrong

2. That is the rated bloom coverage area for that light. I run two of those in a 4x4 and it covers well for flower.

For veg it's probably a little high on power and may need to be dimmed some when the plants are young in that space.

3. I dimmed mine all the way down for about 10 days or so initially.

But thanks for the answer on that. I'm going to fill this damn tent out next grow.

Exactly what I wanted was just one good light to do it all for the space.

4. They are pretty short. The fixtures are only about 2 feet long. I bet the xl version would cover the 4 feet wide area better. Those larger heatsinks make it about a foot longer. If they weren't sold out all the time I would advise you to buy an xl heatsink. They're only like $30.

5. For $30, in hindsight, I'd probably have gotten that instead.

6. I know. They didn't sell them when I bought my 260's. I've had mine so long they were $285 before the price went up.

If you look now at growers lights the 260xl unassembled is $339. The standard 260 unassembled is $325. It's only $15 more if you order the xl with the whole fixture. I always advise the xl unless you have a 3ft or smaller tent.

The xl is a must have for 5 foot wide areas.