Do I really need a carbon filter?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by chevynatoor, Sep 30, 2016.

1. Do I really need a carbon filter? Im gonna start growing soon and I was wondering if a carbon filter is crucial at least at the vegetative stage? I have checked a few online but they're all out of my price range so thats why i'm asking. will my plants grow just fine without the filter? thank you

2. To be honest the worst grow rooms are those pieced together as the plants grow adding what you can little at a time. I grew once back in like 2002 and I bought it piece by piece but waited 6 whole months to start until I had all my pieces in place.

Can you veg without one of course all it does is filter smell, what size exhaust fan are you currently using and what size is the room? Like I said the filter only there to cover smell but you'll still want to remove the air from the room out of the house to keep room at a good temperature, add the filter when you start to flower.

3. yes they will grow fine but if you need to mask smell you will have to have one.

4. Will they grow without one? Yes, growth isn't effected by a filter. But without one your whole house will stink. Don't buy they cheap filters, they don't work. It's worth spending the money on a top quality one. There are some aspects on a grow you can cheap out on and some that you can't. Carbon filters squarely fit in to the latter category