Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Do I Qualify For Medical Marijuana?

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by 53XY B3A5T, Jan 28, 2014.

1. I live in the heart of Cali, so I've partaken of the pretty green herb hundreds if not thousands of times now. I was just wondering, I have heard many people say that you can get a card for ADHD, Insomnia, and other minor diseases and disorders. I have those two. Does anybody think if I found the right doctor that I could get a card? Stay High Everyone! 👌👌👌Sent from my iPod touch using Grasscity Forum

in California...yes.

3. Yeah, thats what I thought. Thanks. :DSent from my iPod touch using Grasscity Forum

4. California? No prob! It makes the whole process easier if you have medical records stating that you do suffer from these problems from your regular doctor's. If you have your medical records, you can be in and out and legal in less than an hour, counting waiting room time!  Cheaper "pot docs" tend to be less fussy about medical records.

Granny

5. you represent the type of patient that just wants to abuse the system so you can get high. you don't need it for any of those problems.

5k says if you got your card you would buy for your friends and resell it

6. ^ I'd say that abusing the system is far better than being abused by it. Get your card it will keep you out of jail. Until full decriminalization is reached everyone should get a card.

7. I think smoking helps insomnia personally and I bet 5k that many more would agree. I have a family member with ADD that has benefited from using marijuana. 

It sounds like OP has been successfully using marijuana to curb his problems so continued use wouldn't be abusing the system. In fact, not using the system but still medicating is almost like skipping the doctor visit and hitting up the pharmacy for some self-help. Ya cynic :)

8. Marijuana only helps with insomnia if you smoke yourself silly. Its much easier to eat better, exercise, and take vitamins than relying on medical marijuana.

Before I got my recommendation, I did physical therapy, had multiple MRIs, lots of massages, etc. Marijuana or pain killers were my only choice after all was said and done. You shouldn't think of marijuana for solving your problems when you first have them- you should adjust your life and try living a healthy one. I just think too many people are abusing the systems and OP sounds like he's 18 or doesn't have a job because he doesn't care about drug testing. I think if you exercised before going to bed you would sleep much better than smoking yourself to sleep. That's kind of sad if you think about it. When I medicate, I never overdue it. To pass out from smoking pot every night isn't a medical tool, its a form of addiction. Just regulate your body's sleep cycle with melatonin and don't sit on your ass all day and be productive.

I am irate because I was in the dispensary a short while ago and this guy was on his phone in the waiting rooms asking his friends what they wanted. Every chance people get, they will abuse every system possible.

9. Why are you so concerned about people abusing the marijuana "system" and buying for their friends?

Support cannabis bro! You're on a cannabis forums. Legalize it!

10. Easier?  How hard is it to roll a fat marley and fire it up vs. running a couple of miles? :laughing:

People who are motivated in life push themselves to be healthy. Go ahead and smoke a joint before bed, it's not for medical purposes. You just like getting high

12. bro i don't think this is the right place for you.... if you're going to bitch about this guy "abusing the system" you should just log off this website and delete it from your history.

13. Before you get too angry at the topic you have to realize that not everyone on here is 18 and not everyone can do what you think should be so easy. I have plenty of friends who were college athletes and now suffer the consequences of rigorous competition. To top it off most of us work highly stressful jobs in nyc.

Insomnia isn't cured by smoking but it works a hell of a lot better than melatonin (all of us have tried it, not everyone benefitted). Exercise is great advise, but I work out in the morning and it gives me a rush. Same goes for a lot of people.

All I'm trying to say is people choose what works best for them. You may have encountered abusers, but you are coming across as a guy that makes snap judgements based on little facts. Nobody likes a dude like that. 

14. [quote name="imalwayscold" post="19424180" timestamp="1390946826"]you represent the type of patient that just wants to abuse the system so you can get high. you don't need it for any of those problems.5k says if you got your card you would buy for your friends and resell it[/quote]stfu nigga of course im gonna abuse the system, fuck the system but i have the records and i use it medicinally but why not make money on the side?Sent from my iPod touch using Grasscity Forum

15. Enjoy being banned son.

16. Do you even blaze?

17. [quote name="imalwayscold" post="19425028" timestamp="1390954012"]People who are motivated in life push themselves to be healthy. Go ahead and smoke a joint before bed, it's not for medical purposes. You just like getting high[/quote]I work out every day and smoke right after so its nothing to do that sometimes im blown while i work out.Sent from my iPod touch using Grasscity Forum