Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Do I qualify for medical cannabis? Chronic pain..

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by LostInAHaze, Jul 3, 2018.

1. A few years ago I was in a wreck that left me with a shattered elbow joint and a broken arm followed by months of physical therapy. I had to get surgery and I now have 6 pins and a metal plate in my elbow, it's been there for over 6-7 years (since my teens.)

Recently it's really started to effect my every day life especially in the really hot/cold months, It's causing me pretty severe pain. I've gotten X-Rays and all my physician says is "it looks fine" then send me on my way home. They've gone as far as telling me that I'm "imagining the pain" which is highly frustrating. When I told my physician I was self medicating with cannabis because the pain killers I've been prescribed time and time again made me sick, she suggested that I go to AA meetings.. also highly frustrating. I honestly wanted to walk straight out of the office.

Medical cannabis is legal in my state, is this a qualifying condition? Also, how can I find a doctor that won't suggest I go to AA meetings when I tell them cannabis works for me and doesn't make me throw up? I'm really at a loss of what to do, and I'm really tired of having to obtain my meds "the hard way" which can sometimes take days of waiting. I really don't want to take anymore of their prescribed pain killers..

Any advice would be appreciated, I made an account here just to post this.

Thanks

2. Hard to tell without knowing your state. They're all different. Google medical Marijuana and your state and you should find lists of recommendation info.

3. It seems chronic pain is one of the listed qualifying conditions here, however it seems a bit hard to obtain when my doctor is telling me to go join AA meetings for self-medicating.

I'm not sure how to go about finding a doctor that WILL approve a recommendation for medical cannabis, every doctor I've ever seen has been totally against it but they don't hesitate to give me vicodin or other harmful drugs.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Need to go to a doc who recommends cannabis not just a regular ol shrink. Yellow page them!

• Like Like x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Do a Google search for Cannabis doctor in your state
    ie: Cannabis Doctors in Ca. search

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. I'm doing this now so I can take action ASAP, thanks for the replies. Dealing with this arm is seriously no fun.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Not all Doctors approve of Medical cannabis
    That is why you need to find the ones who specialize in it.
    If your state just started the program may not be many of them yet.
    But there should be some

• Like Like x 1
  8. There are about 10 different places I can choose from within an hour drive of my place, I guess my biggest fear now would be making the hour drive and them shutting me down.

I can definitely obtain x-rays of the elbow with the hardware inside, I really hope that is enough. I'm sure I can get some documentation of where I got the surgery at as well.

9. They will give you the medical records if you file a request with the doctors office
    It is your Medical info, they are required to give it to you.
    Good Luck,
    See if you can find reviews online of the doctors you are close too
    Some doctors are better then others at giving recommendations for MJ Cards

• Like Like x 1
  10. The medical establishment is and always will be tied directly to the pharmaceutical industry. It is just one of the sad facts of life. Our health takes a back seat to their revenue generation. They will fight to maintain prohibition, at your expense. A dead patient after a few year of opioid addiction is worth more to them than a live one who doesn't buy their garbage.

11. Yes you qualify, find a doctor who specializes in medical cannabis. Weedmaps often shows doctors near you.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Agreed, it's pretty sad the way cannabis is "frowned" upon as well. These doctors will hand out pain killers like they're candy for my ailment, but if I bring up cannabis at all during an appointment they look at me like I'm freaking insane or try to put me on SSRI meds along with the other crap.

Hopefully I can obtain this card, it will change my life.