Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Do I not hold my smoke in long enough?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by panicandrew, Mar 4, 2011.

1. #1 panicandrew, Mar 4, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 4, 2011
    Recent dilemma here..
    I post on another forum, a small gaming forum I've been with for years and I post the milkshots there that I post here.
    Usually all goes fine, no negative posts on anything then this kid starts going on about how I don't hold my smoke in long enough and all this shit and another one is like yeah you're a pussy if you don't hold it in for a few seconds.

Obviously, you have to have the smoke in your lungs for some time to get most of the effect.. and I'm pretty sure I do.
    Nobody here nor any of the experienced tokers I've met in real life have ever brought this up.
    I used to hold my smoke in about a second longer with my old roor and my cheaper bongs, but I'm using a 7/13 arm TORO.. and it's 100% milked and it's just completely diff than hitting from anything lower quality.

I don't know, opinions?
    Seasoned tokers only please..
    Check out all my videos to see how I hit..

YouTube - Kanaal van PulseAndrew

2. hold for as long as you can...when taking big hits

3. 5 seconds atleast man

4. sorry to hate but this is definitely a post for the apprentice section.. nothing seasoned about it

5. Exactly if you hold in the smoke for at least 5 seconds your good. Also why when I'm smoking in public (always downwind) I blow out the smoke real quick when people look at me hitting and it looks like a cigar or cigarette depending.

6. oh snap!!

7. sorry to burst any bubbles but holding smoke in for long periods of time does nothing except for deprive your brain of oxygen, which gives you a light-headed feeling. Most confuse that feeling with the sense that they're "higher". THC and other cannabinoids are absorbed almost instantly when they come in contact with your lung tissue.

science>myth all day, everyday.

8. wheres da proof on that

9. Never hold for longer then 5 seconds, the longer you hold it in, the more time your lungs have to absorb tar and solids from the smoke(smoke is mostly solid particles, anyway)

10. you have gotten some misinformation here bro. the holding it in theory is a myth. they feel higher because they are denying their brains oxygen. you absorb almost all of the thc within a second or so.

11. This. Thats why the longer you hold it in the less smoke you exhale (Like ghosting), im pretty sure all that gray shit gets stuck in your lungs.

12. You're not denying your brain oxygen by holding in smoke for 8 or 10 seconds, lol. I have always held my hits, and let some fresh air in while doing it. It might make some people lightheaded, but it doesn't happen to most of us that smoke this way.

I now use a vaporizer, which keeps out much of the tar and other byproducts of smoking.

13. people are dead wrong when they say "Oh man you gotta ghost your hits to get super high". a couple seconds is all you need

14. it's called hypoxiation, when you deprive yourself, more specifically your brain, of oxygen. some people may or may not feel that extra kick from the deprivation of oxygen, but the fact remains: you're unnecessarily cutting off oxygen either way.

hypoxiation

taken from here

from here

and here is another site for facts.

and this is an 'apprentice tokers' thread.

15. Like I said five seconds:smoke:

16. Those links make claims that are subjective, not "facts" and who is the "THC Club", that wrote this piece that you referenced here against holding hits?

17. you're right, i didn't search long enough for the actual article. i don't care enough. i'm not saying what people should or shouldn't do, just thought i would throw info up that no one bothered looking for. not sure about that link, however. just referenced the same australian study.

18. Any longer than five seconds is just not necessary and all you are doing is depriving your body of oxygen.

19. I realise you guys are saying 3-5 seconds and after that you're depriving your brain of oxygen blah blah etc etc.

I'm just lookin' for someone to check out my videos and give their opinion on if I personally don't hold in long enough!

2 pages but nobody has really addressed it on topic :(

20. yes, if you hold your breath for any amount of time you are depriving your brain of oxygen. come on over ill put ya in the sleeper hold! nah, i wouldnt ever do that, but you get what im sayin man