Do I need vegging ferts with ffof?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by SuperPhreak, Feb 20, 2013.

1. I am planning on getting some FFOF for with my upcoming grow but I've read that it is preferted. Does this mean I can skip ferts during vegging and just use bloom when I'm flowering?

2. Depends on how long you plan to veg, but yeah it's a pretty rich soil. I use it and never have to add veg nutes. Just be careful starting seedlings and clones in FFOF, it tends to burn them up

3. Thanks man! Should.I go with big bloom or tiger bloom

4. Both are recommended. Big bloom is a compost tea that conditions your soil for the long-term, tiger bloom is available to the plant immediately. Your plants can live without big bloom, but they'll will starve without tiger.

5. They're meant to be used together for best results. You can use Big Bloom throughout, Tiger Bloom is for early flower through late flower until your flush. But like Not Sure said, you're plants will definitely need Tiger Bloom so if you can only afford one or the other get Tiger Bloom.

6. Thanks guys! I decided to just say fuck it and spend the extra to get the 3 combo pack. Better prepared than not.

7. Totally not thread jackin' but, if one was to get FFOF, they wouldn't really need to add any nutes, because of how rich the soil is? So, you'd just add regular water till, flowering? Am I getting this right?

8. Yeah i mean up to a point. You can't expect to veg a monster for like 60 days in it's original pot without supplementing with any nutrients. But a standard 30 days or less veg period you should be fine to just grow it out without adding anything. If anything, throw a light layer of fresh soil on top after a few weeks and you're good to go. This is how i always do it

9. No, not right, need nutes after a month.

10. Yeah, I was figuring that they'd need nutes after about a month or so. How good is the big bloom? As, in are they really noticeable or no?